The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2021

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

Kansas violinist Robby Steinhardt dies, aged 71. 

Not in Kansas anymore, Toto. 

Was never in Toto, for that matter - unless maybe in an act of bestiality with a character from a famous film, but I can't confirm that. 

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

Was never in Toto, for that matter - unless maybe in an act of bestiality with a character from a famous film, but I can't confirm that. 

Bestiality killed the cat.

On 19/07/2021 at 16:11, paranoid android said:

Robby Steinhardtattack

4 hours ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Mike Smith who managed Wales in the 70s including the game Scotland beat them to qualify for 78 World Cup has died aged 83

If he had any part in choosing Anfield I salute him

Week 30 update

One death this week, the comedian and actor Jackie Mason: US standup comedian Jackie Mason dies in New York aged 93 | Comedy | The Guardian

Jackie Mason, a rabbi-turned-comedian whose feisty brand of standup comedy led him to Catskills nightclubs, west coast talk shows and Broadway stages, has died. He was 93.

Mason died on Saturday at 6pm local time in Mount Sinai hospital in Manhattan after being in hospital for more than two weeks, the celebrity lawyer Raoul Felder said.

The irascible Mason was known for his sharp wit and piercing social commentary, often about men and women, being Jewish, and his own inadequacies. His typical style was amused outrage.

“Eighty per cent of married men cheat in America. The rest cheat in Europe,” he once joked. Another Mason line was: “Politics doesn’t make strange bedfellows, marriage does.” About himself, he once said: “I was so self-conscious, every time football players went into a huddle, I thought they were talking about me.”

His death was mourned far and wide, from fellow comedian Gilbert Gottfried, who called him “one of the best” to Fox News personality Sean Hannity, who hailed Mason as “irreverent, iconoclastic, funny, smart and a great American patriot”. Henry Winkler tweeted: “Now you get to make heaven laugh.”

Mason was born Jacob Maza, the son of a rabbi. His three brothers became rabbis. So did Mason, who at one time had congregations in Pennsylvania and North Carolina. Comedy eventually proved to be a more persistent calling than God.

As ever with an actor it's time to look up what they've done and see where I recognise them from. 

[IMG]

[IMG]

It's nice to have a classic Simpsons episode to fall back on. He won an Emmy for this performance. 

Mason died at 93, so he's worth 32 Base Points. He was a Solo Shot for @Ludo*1 for an extra 50 and a total of 82 points.

As a result, the standings look like this:

1. Ned Nederlander 503
2. Savage Henry 344
3. Fuctifano 259
4. Ludo*1 255
5. Bishop Briggs 241
6. choirbairn 240
7. Lofarl 193
8. buddiepaul 172
9. doulikefish 163

10. Indale Winton, pub car king 152
12. ICTJohnboy 150
13. senorsoupe, stanton 149
15. psv_killie 147
16. The DA 146
17. Arch Stanton 141
18. JustOneCornetto 139
19. sparky88 135

20. lolls, Mark Connolly 120
22. HI HAT 116

23. Arbroatlegend36-0 113
24. peasy23, sleazy 112
26. chomp my root 108
27. Amandajoan 103
28. Bold Rover, D.V.T. 102

30. dee_62 101
31. Willie adie 94
32. Bert Raccoon 93
33. amnarab 91
34. Lex, The Hologram 89

36. Cardinal Richelieu, jimbaxters 86
38. 101, Billy Jean King, nessies long lost ghost 84
41. weirdcal 83
42. cdisaaccie, lichtgilphead, The_Craig 81
45. Raidernation 77

46. gkneil 69
47. Sweaty Morph 68
48. CountyFan 67
49. LoonsYouthTeam 62

50. thistledo 58
51. El Guapo, theportman, TxRover 55
54. Busta Nut, cambozpar, djchapsticks, Duszek, Empty It, Salvo Montalbano, weejack 52
61. Bulbasaur, coprolite 51

63. BillyAnchor 39
64. Aim Here, Curmudgeon 32

66. Arabdownunder, Blootoon87, Eednud, Enigma, gingette, GTG_03, Karpaty Lviv, Melanius Mullarkey, microdave, mozam76, paulathame, Perkin Flump, qos_75, Sergeant Wilson, Sherrif John Bunnell, Shotgun, Speckled Tangerine, The Master, The Naitch, thisal 26
86. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-OTo44wF_W7A4Q0NFnd1sX3qEDdxTLDobvjhhSgnzkg/edit?usp=sharing