The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2021

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

"The Islamic State West African Province (ISWAP)"

ISWAP? All I wanted was to offload some Panini doubles of Ryan Porteous and I ended up leading an Islamic terrorist group... 

MV5BNGY4ZmFmNmYtN2Q5ZS00ZjFlLWI0YTEtOTc5

If Glen Michael withdraws I nominate ^^^. He's got a beard and everybody hates him already.

There was an old radio mystery on Radio 4 Extra a couple of weeks ago- The Candle of Darkness. 

It was quite good. Set in a Scottish seaside town It had a young Hannah Gordon and Jimmy Logan in it. There was a shady English character in it, played by Glen Michael (who's from SW England originally)! 

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

There was an old radio mystery on Radio 4 Extra a couple of weeks ago- The Candle of Darkness. 

It was quite good. Set in a Scottish seaside town It had a young Hannah Gordon and Jimmy Logan in it. There was a shady English character in it, played by Glen Michael (who's from SW England originally)! 

Had a look - his name's Cecil and he's from Devon

52F2DF31-64F6-4DF3-AF09-091594131193.gif.cf21d66d5d364fbaa8ff0a75b3581022.gif

Week 24 update

One death this week. Or a few weeks ago. Former terrorist, Abubakar Shekau: Boko Haram leader killed on direct orders of Islamic State | Boko Haram | The Guardian

The Guardian's piece cites a local news site, HumAngle, which is here: ISWAP Confirms Shekau’s Death, Says Its Fighters Were Following ISIS Orders | HumAngle

“This was someone who committed unimaginable terrorism. How many has he wasted? How many has he killed? How many has he terrorised? But Allah left him alone and prolonged his life. When it was time, Allah set out brave soldiers after receiving orders from Amirul Muminin [leader of the believers],” he said.

ISWAP, which broke away from Shekau’s Boko Haram faction in 2016, disagreed with the late extremist leader over his excessive use of force, especially on Muslims in areas under his influence.

According to Abu Musab, the interim leader of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) ordered them to take action on Shekau for deviating and killing “believers.” ISWAP fighters then took their arms, travelled through the Sahara, went into Shekau’s enclave, and engaged in a gun battle with his followers.

He initially escaped and roamed the bushes of Sambisa for five days, where he suffered seriously. However, ISWAP fighters were able to locate him. Still, Abu Musab narrated, Shekau managed to run away a second time but was chased down. The rival fighters urged him and his followers to repent, assuring him that if the ISIS leader decided to make him their leader after he had surrendered, they would have no choice but to obey.

According to Abu Musab, “Shekau preferred to be humiliated in the afterlife than getting humiliated on earth.” He killed himself instantly by detonating an explosive, exactly as HumAngle reported a day after the incident.

Abu Musab urged ISWAP fighters in Lake Chad not to sit idly and watch a sub-faction of Boko Haram, still loyal to Shekau, invade their homes, kill and abduct their wives and children, and turn them into slaves. 

He urged the rival terror group to choose dialogue against fighting; however, their end will be soon if they choose war and terrorism. “Haven’t you seen what happened to your leader who has more strength, more experience than you, yet he was defeated?”    

Sounds like a hell of a way to go.

The next problem we have here is I have no idea how old he is. Wikipedia cites this page for his year of birth which is listed as either 1965, 1969 or 1975. There is no date given. None of the articles about his death feature even a guess at his date of birth, and I highly doubt any is going to come out soon. In my time running the Dead Pool there have been picks made with limited or incomplete details about their date of birth. Usually more details come out when they die, usually there's at least a confirmed year, but here we have a range of options.

This leaves the need for a decision. I think the fairest thing to do in this kind of situation is to pick the earliest possible date since this covers the widest range of when it's possible for someone to have been born. For instance, if we only had information that someone was born in a certain year then the 1st of January of that year is effectively a default option for covering when they're born. (I think this was my thinking from the start, since Shekau's date of birth is just listed as 1965 on the spreadsheet).

In this case, I'm counting Shekau's date of birth as 1st January 1965. That means 69 Base Points for @Ned Nederlander with 50 for a Solo Shot and 30 for an Unnatural Causes bonus with a total of 149.

1. Ned Nederlander 503
2. Savage Henry 344
3. Fuctifano 259
4. Bishop Briggs 241
5. choirbairn 240
6. Lofarl 193
7. Ludo*1 173
8. buddiepaul 172
9. doulikefish 163

10. Indale Winton, pub car king 152
12. ICTJohnboy 150
13. senorsoupe, stanton 149
15. psv_killie 147
16. The DA 146
17. Arch Stanton 141
18. JustOneCornetto 139
19. sparky88 135

20. lolls, Mark Connolly 120
22. HI HAT 116

23. Arbroatlegend36-0 113
24. peasy23, sleazy 112
26. chomp my root 108
27. Amandajoan 103
28. D.V.T. 102

29. dee_62 101
30. Willie adie 94
31. Bert Raccoon 93
32. amnarab 91
33. Lex, The Hologram 89

35. Cardinal Richelieu, jimbaxters 86
37. 101, Billy Jean King, nessies long lost ghost 84
40. weirdcal 83
41. cdisaaccie, lichtgilphead, The_Craig 81
44. Raidernation 77

45. gkneil 69
46. Sweaty Morph 68
47. CountyFan 67
48. LoonsYouthTeam 62

49. thistledo 58
50. El Guapo, theportman, TxRover 55
53. Busta Nut, cambozpar, djchapsticks, Duszek, Empty It, Salvo Montalbano, weejack 52
60. Bulbasaur, coprolite 51

62. BillyAnchor 39
63. Aim Here, Curmudgeon 32

65. Arabdownunder, Blootoon87, Bold Rover, Eednud, Enigma, gingette, GTG_03, Karpaty Lviv, Melanius Mullarkey, microdave, mozam76, paulathame, Perkin Flump, qos_75, Sergeant Wilson, Sherrif John Bunnell, Shotgun, Speckled Tangerine, The Master, The Naitch, thisal 26
87. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-OTo44wF_W7A4Q0NFnd1sX3qEDdxTLDobvjhhSgnzkg/edit?usp=sharing

I've also added The Abubakar Shekau Rule to the list.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez