The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2021

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Former Big Brother contestant Nikki Grahame dies.

Quite saddened by this. I tried to fire into her one year at Glastonbury. Despite her rebuffing my attempts it's still a very sad story 

9 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Genuinely shocked at that news - fucking hell

Didn't watch much BB but really liked her on it.

Not sure why. The personification of being famous for being famous.

Still a shame though as it seems the lassie had anorexia.

Edited by jimbaxters

Genuinely shocked at that news - fucking hell
Didn't watch much BB but really liked her on it.
Not sure why. The personification of being famous for being famous.
Still a shame though as it seems the lassie had anorexia.
Aye she came across as a complete arsehole. I was young enough to still be stupid enough to watch reality tv when she was in and she was absolutely insufferable. An attention seeking boot.

Regardless, that's a pretty shocking story for a young woman to die of anorexia. Clearly needed help that she never got or took default_sad.png

24 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I seem to remember someone who was in that series of BB being quite bitchy and had a column in some tabloid afterwards slagging off other housemates. Was that her?

That could have been any of them tbh. The first series of BB was fascinating as a social experiment and the housemates genuinely had no idea how huge it was until they got out of the house. Of course that meant the end of any kind of reality thereafter as the attention seekers (including the producers and the gurning Davina McCall) took over from series two making it a horror show. Ms. Grahame was one such individual unfortunately.

16 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

That could have been any of them tbh. The first series of BB was fascinating as a social experiment and the housemates genuinely had no idea how huge it was until they got out of the house. Of course that meant the end of any kind of reality thereafter as the attention seekers (including the producers and the gurning Davina McCall) took over from series two making it a horror show. Ms. Grahame was one such individual unfortunately.

I didn't really watch any of them other than small snippets but it wasn't really a social experiment, these people were all selected, its not like they got genuine randoms, they picked the ones who would get the most viewing figures by being phuqwits. I'm sure it grew arms and legs as it went on but I've heard the "social experiment" stuff trotted out plenty times before which gives the whole sorry saga more credibility than it deserves, at least for this Barry Norman.

41 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I didn't really watch any of them other than small snippets but it wasn't really a social experiment, these people were all selected, its not like they got genuine randoms, they picked the ones who would get the most viewing figures by being phuqwits. I'm sure it grew arms and legs as it went on but I've heard the "social experiment" stuff trotted out plenty times before which gives the whole sorry saga more credibility than it deserves, at least for this Barry Norman.

Didn't mean it in the strictest sense of the term. It was interesting to watch the dynamics of those housemates in the first series. Of course it was manipulated but it was never billed as the new Stanford Prison.

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

The first couple were more interesting due to the fact that neither the producers or the contestants were all that savvy yet, so the whole thing was a bit more organic. After a few series, that was no longer the case, and it seemed that they were pulling the contestants from casting central to fulfill roles; you'd have a couple of barely-sentient make model types and their female counterparts who Endemol really hoped would end up shagging each other. the older eccentric type, the token posh contestant, a gobby northern lassie, a flamboyant gay guy, someone a bit unworldly from a remote part of Britain to provide a culture clash and so on.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye she came across as a complete arsehole. I was young enough to still be stupid enough to watch reality tv when she was in and she was absolutely insufferable. An attention seeking boot.

You’re being a bit harsh here, she wasn’t a bad individual in the house just a total drama queen but pretty entertaining. I only watched snippets here and there over the years and she’s one of maybe 10 contestants who I actually remember. It’s pretty harsh to label her as an attention seeker compared to some of the other horror shows that got put in there. She was also on a series of celebrity big brother a few years back.

She looked awful in recent pics I saw of her anyway. A real shame. 

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Regardless, that's a pretty shocking story for a young woman to die of anorexia. Clearly needed help that she never got or took default_sad.png

She had been in treatment through through NHS but it failed. Her friends had a crowd funder on the go a few weeks ago that I saw on Instagram to get her private treatment as she was in a desperate situation. She had been battling an eating disorder since the age of 8 😔 

Week 15 update

Sigh. One death this week. Obituary: HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh - BBC News

If you want to read that, crack on. 

Phil was picked by... a lot of people. Some were captains, some vice, so I'm going to list them all separately. He died at 99, so he's worth 26 Base Points, 39 for a Vice-Captain and 52 for a Captain.

26 points for: @101, @Arabdownunder, @Billy Jean King, @Blootoon87, @Bold Rover, @Bulbasaur, @cdisaaccie, @coprolite, @Duszek, @D.V.T., @Eednud, @Enigma, @gingette, @GTG_03, @HI HAT, @ICTJohnboy, @JustOneCornetto, @Karpaty Lviv, @Lex, @lichtgilphead, @lolls, @LoonsYouthTeam, @Mark Connolly, @Melanius Mullarkey, @microdave, @mozam76, @nessies long lost ghost, @paulathame, @peasy23, @Perkin Flump, @qos_75, @Sergeant Wilson, @Sherrif John Bunnell, @Shotgun, @sleazy, @speckled tangerine, @The_Craig, @The Master, @The Naitch and @thisal 

39 points for: @BillyAnchor, @CountyFan, @pub car king, @senorsoupe, @stanton and @The Hologram

52 points for: @Busta Nut, @cambozpar, @djchapsticks, @Empty It, @Ludo*1, @Salvo Montalbano, @weejack  and @Willie adie 

As a result, I think the standings look like this:

1. Ned Nederlander 354
2. Savage Henry 344
3. Fuctifano 259
4. Bishop Briggs 241
5. choirbairn 208
6. Lofarl 193
7. Ludo*1 173
8. doulikefish 163

9. Indale Winton, pub car king 152
11. ICTJohnboy 150
12. senorsoupe, stanton 149
14. The DA 146
15. Arch Stanton 141
16. sparky88 135

17. JustOneCornetto, lolls, Mark Connolly 120
20. HI HAT 116

21. Arbroatlegend36-0 113
22. peasy23, sleazy 112
24. chomp my root 108
25. D.V.T. 102

26. dee_62 101
27. psv_killie 96
28. Willie adie 94

29. Bert Raccoon 93
30. amnarab 91
31. Lex, The Hologram 89

33. buddiepaul, Cardinal Richelieu, jimbaxters 86
36. 101, amandajoan, Billy Jean King, nessies long lost ghost 84
40. weirdcal 83
41. cdisaaccie, lichtgilphead, The_Craig 81

44. gkneil 69
45. Sweaty Morph 68
46. CountyFan 67
47. LoonsYouthTeam 62

48. Raidernation, thistledo 58
50. El Guapo, theportman, TxRover 55
53. Busta Nut, cambozpar, djchapsticks, Duszek, Empty It, Salvo Montalbano, weejack 52
60. Bulbasaur, coprolite 51

62. BillyAnchor 39
63. Arabdownunder, Blootoon87, Bold Rover, Eednud, Enigma, gingette, GTG_03, Karpaty Lviv, Melanius Mullarkey, microdave, mozam76, paulathame, Perkin Flump, qos_75, Sergeant Wilson, Sherrif John Bunnell, Shotgun, Speckled Tangerine, The Master, The Naitch, thisal 26
85. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-OTo44wF_W7A4Q0NFnd1sX3qEDdxTLDobvjhhSgnzkg/edit?usp=sharing

You’re being a bit harsh here, she wasn’t a bad individual in the house just a total drama queen but pretty entertaining. I only watched snippets here and there over the years and she’s one of maybe 10 contestants who I actually remember. It’s pretty harsh to label her as an attention seeker compared to some of the other horror shows that got put in there. She was also on a series of celebrity big brother a few years back.
She looked awful in recent pics I saw of her anyway. A real shame. 

The reason she's one of only 10 you remember is because she was an attention seeker. She was given a helluva an air time. I don't find those type of people entertaining or funny in the slightest so she was naturally irritating to me but she probably paved the way for that kind of behaviour.

From about that series onward they upped it so that almost every contestant was as insufferable because clearly a large portion of the public find that kind of behaviour entertaining- each to their own. I would dread to see what goes in to the house these days.

As I say, it's not about slagging the poor lassie. She was frighteningly scary even back then and it's an absolutely tragic outcome.

2 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

She had been in treatment through through NHS but it failed. Her friends had a crowd funder on the go a few weeks ago that I saw on Instagram to get her private treatment as she was in a desperate situation. She had been battling an eating disorder since the age of 8 😔 

#metoo. Every time I look in the mirror I think I need to lose weight.  :rolleyes: