The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2021

39 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Terry Uttley, Founding Member Of British Rock Band Smokie, Dies Aged 70.

Terry? Who the f**k is Terry?

Reckon it will be a cremation somehow.

I don't know if I am the only one here who has seen Smokie play live. Possibly. 

Saw them play Uppsala Town hall in Sweden in 1999. It was a good gig, but the Swedes did not know the Chubby Brown version of Livin' Next Door to Alice. When I stood up to belt out that bit, nobody joined me. They just gave me funny looks.

31 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Saw them play Uppsala Town hall in Sweden in 1999. It was a good gig, but the Swedes did not know the Chubby Brown version of Livin' Next Door to Alice. When I stood up to belt out that bit, nobody joined me. They just gave me funny looks.

:lol:

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Alice? Who the f**k is Alice?

19 minutes ago, dagane said:

A decent song ruined by a fat unfunny bellend

Agree 100%. 

I remember a friend from Burnley totally destroying Bernard Manning with brilliant heckling that he couldn't handle.

The true Burnley fans, including the brother of a well known actress, were the bigots' worst nightmare. Great laughs but no prisoners taken!

21 hours ago, scottsdad said:

They were the first gig my dad ever went to. He's not on P&B though.

1 hour ago, The DA said:

Stiff upper lip Jack Hedley.  Thought he'd gone years ago.  

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/dec/22/jack-hedley-obituary

Deadly Headley

"Who pays the Ferryman" has one of the best TV theme tunes btw 

Also appeared alongside John Lennon in "How I won the war"

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I see Joan Didion has died. There's me thinking I had her and was off the zero-pointers list. Raging. 

Begs the question on if a host for a contest such as this has ever been skunked in their own game before.

13 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Yes. Miguel Sanchez last year. He's going for the double!

I think it was (former guy in charge) @Fuctifano who said of yon South African rugby player whose name escapes me "he's in my team until he dies or I do" and I operate a similar philosphy.