Jump to content

The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2021


Recommended Posts

As a 70s kid I liked Fingerbobs but it's a bit strange that Rick Jones was in his late 30s when it was made as he looked like he was in his 50s. Hence why I thought he'd snuffed it years ago.

Hard paper rounds in those days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On Tuesday, 90-year old William Shatner is about to be strapped to a giant fuckoff rocket and blasted into space as part of Amazon's contribution to the billionaire space race, more or less as the payload in a test flight. Two punters would definitely collect a surprising 'unnatural causes' bonus if something was to happen to the flight.

Edited by Aim Here
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Will be sadly missed, amazing shows.

On 10/10/2021 at 12:26, Aim Here said:

On Tuesday, 90-year old William Shatner is about to be strapped to a giant fuckoff rocket and blasted into space as part of Amazon's contribution to the billionaire space race, more or less as the payload in a test flight. Two punters would definitely collect a surprising 'unnatural causes' bonus if something was to happen to the flight.

Would not be missed, amazing c**t.

 

And, South Korea moves to make it more difficult to score points: https://variety.com/2021/global/asia/korea-preventing-celebrity-deaths-by-suicide-1235080078/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, TxRover said:

And, South Korea moves to make it more difficult to score points: https://variety.com/2021/global/asia/korea-preventing-celebrity-deaths-by-suicide-1235080078/

That won't affect this year's pool, and I'm not sure that the P&B K-Pop contingent is numerous enough for it to make a difference in future pools.

I think I'm the only person with a South Korean popstar in my pool, and he's 82-years old, likely wouldn't know where to go to get himself cyberbullied in the first place, and even if he does, he survived being tortured in jail in the wake of gently sending a message to President Park Chung-Hee to go f**k himself, so is surely not the type to have his self-image fatally shattered by a handful of random anonymous brats he's never met. I'm not expecting a social-media induced suicide, at least...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

Sad. Another piece of my formative years, away.

Saw them in 1979 at Ingliston.

I knew Van Morrisson headlined and Squeeze were on the bill, but I found out recently that Talking Heads were there as well, I must have been really fucked up not to remember them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Saw them in 1979 at Ingliston.

I knew Van Morrisson headlined and Squeeze were on the bill, but I found out recently that Talking Heads were there as well, I must have been really fucked up not to remember them.

Well, you were on the road to nowhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Saw them in 1979 at Ingliston.

I knew Van Morrisson headlined and Squeeze were on the bill, but I found out recently that Talking Heads were there as well, I must have been really fucked up not to remember them.

That's the sort of chance you only get Once in a Lifetime

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2021 at 18:26, Aim Here said:

On Tuesday, 90-year old William Shatner is about to be strapped to a giant fuckoff rocket and blasted into space as part of Amazon's contribution to the billionaire space race, more or less as the payload in a test flight. Two punters would definitely collect a surprising 'unnatural causes' bonus if something was to happen to the flight.

I just googled William Shatner to see how he's looking/doing and f**k me I've never seen anyone who is 90 look like that. I'd have thought he was in his mid 60's to 70's, I'm absolutely stunned by that. He's a bit podgy as well, he must have a phenomenal facial surgeon or botox routine or just incredibly good genes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, thistledo said:

I just googled William Shatner to see how he's looking/doing and f**k me I've never seen anyone who is 90 look like that. I'd have thought he was in his mid 60's to 70's, I'm absolutely stunned by that. He's a bit podgy as well, he must have a phenomenal facial surgeon or botox routine or just incredibly good genes. 

His hair is only 47.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...