The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2021

20 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't think I've missed anything else, so barring Aim Here popping up to correct my arithmetic it's time to congratulate long-time player and first time winner @Ned Nederlander - he had lots of picks and they scored highly. So much so that his last hit was at the beginning of September and still nobody got near him. A worthy winner. 

Thanks to everyone else who played this year. I'm not sure I'm getting any better at running this thing but more people keep playing every year, so something must be going right. If you're playing in 2022 then I'll see you there, if you forgot then... 2023 is just 363 lockdown-affected days away!

Yay - thanks for running it again MS

8 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I'd like to comiserate Jimmy Greaves and Bertie no Auld any more for contributing to my mid table obscurity.

I did finish above the Serge and Mellanius though so get it right up them!

How many times?

It's just a bit of fun. Don't take it so seriously.

23 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't think I've missed anything else, so barring Aim Here popping up to correct my arithmetic it's time to congratulate long-time player and first time winner @Ned Nederlander - he had lots of picks and they scored highly. So much so that his last hit was at the beginning of September and still nobody got near him. A worthy winner.

Just three little corrections.

stanton should be on 151 and Bold Rover should be on 104 points (both just errors adding up the points tally), and Duszek's 26 points for Prince Philip appear to be double-counted, unless he had a captain bonus I didn't know about.

Also, thanks to Miguel for a bang-up job running this, and congratulations to Ned for not even making it a close one, and 'nya nya' to anyone below me in the table, and an angry shake of the fist to the folks above me. I'll get you next year!

Thanks for running with it Miguel and cheers for looking for the Julie Strain obit, I've been periodically doing it through the year. Still a little shocked the Daily Mail didn't report it, she seems right up their boulevard. Hey ho, onto '22 then.....

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Thanks to everyone else who played this year. I'm not sure I'm getting any better at running this thing but more people keep playing every year, so something must be going right. If you're playing in 2022 then I'll see you there, if you forgot then... 2023 is just 363 lockdown-affected days away!

Your spreadsheet says that His captain was Gary Burgess. 

He would have been a worth a massive 262 points if he'd died a day earlier.

That would have given Ned an incredible total of 975 points!

Edited by Bishop Briggs

2 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Fulsome praise to Ned who must also have the highest points total accumulated over the years? (Can @Aim Here confirm?)

And many thanks to @Miguel Sanchez for his work. 2021 was disappointing for me with only 2 hits. But have I mentioned that I was runner up in 2014?

alta-pete scored 760 in 2019

15 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

I was meaning lifetime achievement points, though.

Oh, well, probably. I changed the points system slightly when I took over and the competition went on well before 2014, that's just the last threads we still have available. Interesting to see how Ned can always be around the top spots while Pete can win by miles one year then be a Zero Pointer soon after.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Oh, well, probably. I changed the points system slightly when I took over and the competition went on well before 2014, that's just the last threads we still have available. Interesting to see how Ned can always be around the top spots while Pete can win by miles one year then be a Zero Pointer soon after.

f**k off cunto