The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2021

8 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Walter Smith gets the red card.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56381264

Very sad. 

I'll always remember him for an interview he gave BBC Scotland, when Rangers were under attack for having Tennents Lager as their shirt sponsor. The interviewer put to him that this would encourage young fans to go out and buy Tennents Lager.

Walter, to his credit replied : "Well when CR Smith were our sponsors, they didn't go around buying double glazing"

The interviewer didn't have an answer to that!

RIP.

27 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Very sad. 

I'll always remember him for an interview he gave BBC Scotland, when Rangers were under attack for having Tennents Lager as their shirt sponsor. The interviewer put to him that this would encourage young fans to go out and buy Tennents Lager.

Walter, to his credit replied : "Well when CR Smith were our sponsors, they didn't go around buying double glazing"

RIP.

He seemed a pretty entertaining guy and to me at least that will be his lasting legacy, the chick young interview is golden. 

Sad news for his family 73 doesn't seem very old at all.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Very sad. 

RIP.

The interviewer should have replied "Rangers fans spend their money on lager instead of double glazing".

The irony is that Walter Smith outlived his club by nine years.

24 minutes ago, Donathan said:

The Queen will not attend COP. She's really announcing herself as a strong contender for 2022.

Naah...

She's was just anxious to avoid spending a few nights in Glasgow.

Obviously not quite completely doolally yet.

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

My favourite part of this is that instead of going to COP she will be “undertaking light duties at her desk”

What fucking “light duties” does the Queen do? 

Them happy birthday cards to folk that hit 100 

Obviously gets a minion to pick them up from Clinton's

Edited by doulikefish

42 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Naah...

She's was just anxious to avoid spending a few nights in Glasgow.

Obviously not quite completely doolally yet.

More likely she'd have been commuting from Edinburgh, and realised what an absolute clusterfuck the travel will be.

10 hours ago, Left Back said:

Walter Smith gets the red card.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56381264

Simply the deadest.

Seemed a decent fellah, shared a flight to Prague with him and back in about 2002 (and a 737 full of other randoms) and while I'm not someone who chases celebs, did make small talk while we were waiting on our luggage back in Embra. I admit that's not a lot to base the "decent fellah" on but its all I've got. 😉