The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2021

It’s 8 days after she dies, regardless of what day that falls on. 

There was a long form article recently about what happens when the queen dies. Apparently the government were becoming increasingly concerned about potential backlash if the flags in Downing Street aren’t lowered to half mast quickly enough after the death, so have now hired a 24/7 team to sit in Downing Street and immediately lower them when she does die.
Our headteacher was telling us about the protocols schools have to follow.

If she dies at Balmoral we have to organise a line of pupils on the Kingsway to pay respects as her coffin is driven at a snail's pace along the road.

It's complete and utter fucking nonsense.

16 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Our headteacher was telling us about the protocols schools have to follow.

If she dies at Balmoral we have to organise a line of pupils on the Kingsway to pay respects as her coffin is driven at a snail's pace along the road.

It's complete and utter fucking nonsense.

Totally agree, there's no extra points for guessing place of death.

18 hours ago, Donathan said:

Former Labour MP Frank Field reveals he is terminally ill and receiving hospice care. Surely a stick on for 2022 if he even makes it that far? 

Every year some selfish barsteward does this. Gets penciled in for the next year then goes on hogmany.

Week 43 update

One death this week, former American Secretary of State Colin Powell: Colin Powell: Former US secretary of state dies of Covid complications - BBC News

Tributes are being paid to former US Secretary of State Colin Powell, who has died of Covid-19 complications aged 84.

The former top military officer died on Monday morning, his family said. He was fully vaccinated.

Powell became the first African-American secretary of state in 2001 under Republican President George W Bush.

He also sparked controversy for helping garner support for the Iraq War.

"We have lost a remarkable and loving husband, father, grandfather and a great American," the family said in a statement, thanking the staff at the Walter Reed Medical Center "for their caring treatment".

Powell had previously been diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a type of blood cancer which may have made him more susceptible to Covid symptoms, according to US media, as well as Parkinson's disease.

President Joe Biden, calling Powell a "dear friend", said he had embodied the "highest ideals of both warrior and diplomat".

A longer article with more detail - including several paragraphs insisting that he was fully vaccinated against Covid - is available here: Colin Powell, first Black US secretary of state, dies of Covid-19 complications amid cancer battle - CNNPolitics

My favourite part:

His national popularity soared in the aftermath of the US-led coalition victory during the Gulf War, and for a time in the mid-90s, he was considered a leading contender to become the first Black President of the United States. But his reputation would be forever stained when, as George W. Bush's first secretary of state, he pushed faulty intelligence before the United Nations to advocate for the Iraq War, which he would later call a "blot" on his record.

Powell was died at 84, so he's worth 41 Base Points. He was a Solo Shot for @Cardinal Richelieu for an extra 50 and a total of 91 points.

As a result, the standings look like this:

1. Ned Nederlander 713
2. Savage Henry 429
3. Bishop Briggs 424
4. Fuctifano 420
5. psv_killie 413
6. Indale Winton 332
7. chomp my root 289
8. Arch Stanton 270
9. Aim Here, Ludo*1 255
11. Lofarl 243
12. choirbairn 240
13. pub car king 238
14. senorsoupe 236
15. JustOneCornetto 233
16. buddiepaul 223
17. sparky88 221
18. expatowner 217
19. ICTJohnboy 216
20. gkneil 203
21. Sherrif John Bunnell 198
22. Arbroathlegend36-0 196
23. Willie adie 180
24. Bert Raccoon 179
25. Cardinal Richelieu 177
26. cdhafc1874, lichtgilphead 167
28. doulikefish 163
29. qos_75 162
30. ThomCat 161
31. HI HAT 160
32. peasy23, sleazy 156
34. stanton 149
35. The DA 146
36. El Guapo 141
37. weejack 138
38. jimbaxters 130
39. Billy Jean King 128
40. lolls, Mark Connolly 120
42. Curmudgeon 118
43. Arabdownuner, Enigma, speckled tangerine, Sweaty Morph 112
47. thistledo 108
48. Amandajoan 103
49. Bold Rover, D.V.T. 102
51. dee_62 101
52. Empty It 94
53. amnarab 91
54. Lex, The Hologram 89
56. mathematics 86
57. 101,  nessies long lost ghost 84
59. BillyAnchor, weirdcal 83
61. The_Craig 81
62. Raidernation 77
63. Karpaty Lviv 76
64. Blootoon87, Perkin Flump, Sergeant Wilson 70
67. CountyFan 67
68. LoonsYouthTeam 62
69. theportman, TxRover 55
71. Busta Nut, cambozpar, djchapsticks, Duszek, Salvo Montalbano 52
76. Bulbasaur, coprolite 51
78. Ben Twilly, tamthebam 44
80. 10menwent2mow, dagane 42
82. Eednud, gingette, GTG_03, Melanius Mullarkey, microdave, mozam76, paulathame, Shotgun, The Master, The Naitch, thisal 26
93. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-OTo44wF_W7A4Q0NFnd1sX3qEDdxTLDobvjhhSgnzkg/edit?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Week 43 update

One death this week, former American Secretary of State Colin Powell: Colin Powell: Former US secretary of state dies of Covid complications - BBC News

A longer article with more detail - including several paragraphs insisting that he was fully vaccinated against Covid - is available here: Colin Powell, first Black US secretary of state, dies of Covid-19 complications amid cancer battle - CNNPolitics

My favourite part:

Powell was died at 84, so he's worth 41 Base Points. He was a Solo Shot for @Cardinal Richelieu for an extra 50 and a total of 91 points.

I've absolutely no idea why I chose him apart from the fact that he was a total c**t of a man. Good to know that my dislike for someone is enough to send them to an early grave. 

I'd advise my enemies to sleep with one eye open tonight. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

5 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I've absolutely no idea why I chose him apart from the fact that he was a total c**t of a man. Good to know that my dislike for someone is enough to send them to an early grave. 

I'd advise my enemies to sleep with one eye open tonight. 

Is 84 an early grave ??? If I make it to 84 I've failed in my plan to drink myself to death in my 50's 60's.