The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2021

Week 23 update

Another week, another lack of updates on yon Boko Haram lad. Nothing confirmed yet. Even outside of the UK press there doesn't seem to be anything confirmed, it's all claimed, alleged, reported. I think I'll be kicking this can down the road for another week. 

17 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Week 23 update

Another week, another lack of updates on yon Boko Haram lad. Nothing confirmed yet. Even outside of the UK press there doesn't seem to be anything confirmed, it's all claimed, alleged, reported. I think I'll be kicking this can down the road for another week. 

Fair dos.

Seems it was confirmed by Islamic State on Friday, with quite a few African pages reporting it over the last 24 hrs:  https://www.google.com/search?q=Shekau+iswap+confirms&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-gbGB917GB917&biw=1680&bih=932&tbs=sbd%3A1&tbm=nws&ei=18S8YPrfFquMjLsPt6CTyAc&oq=Shekau+iswap+confirms&gs_l=psy-ab.3...27064.31027.0.32714.3.3.0.0.0.0.63.180.3.3.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.21JPoVulDIw#spf=1622983929145

For an extremely tenuous UK Obit some site called "UK Time News" are carrying it: https://www.uktimenews.com/breaking-isis-ordered-us-to-kill-boko-haram-leader-iswap-confirms-shekaus-death-uktn/

Serious business :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Ned Nederlander said:

He said the acting head of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) ordered them to take action against Shekau for deflecting and killing “believers”.

I like the "acting head" part. You have to follow HR policy even in a jihad. Don't just pick the latest blood thirsty zealot. Follow a process, see who's out there. Get some new ancient ideas.

17 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

He said the acting head of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) ordered them to take action against Shekau for deflecting and killing “believers”.

I like the "acting head" part. You have to follow HR policy even in a jihad. Don't just pick the latest blood thirsty zealot. Follow a process, see who's out there. Get some new ancient ideas.

I am sure they have a policy manual

14 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I assume these appointments are made on a strictly non-discriminatory basis.

10 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

BBC News - Abubakar Shekau: Boko Haram leader is dead, say rival militant group
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-57378493

7 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Praise the Lord! It's sorted.

Right, your turn Glen Michael.

10 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Praise the Lord! It's sorted.

Right, your turn Glen Michael.

To be the leader of Boko Harum? It's a bit of a change of direction at his age, but good luck to him. I like to see Scots going abroad and getting success.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

To be the leader of Boko Harum? It's a bit of a change of direction at his age, but good luck to him. I like to see Scots going abroad and getting success.

Why not after the last one Palla-din himself in.

I know...Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

7 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

"The Islamic State West African Province (ISWAP)"

ISWAP? All I wanted was to offload some Panini doubles of Ryan Porteous and I ended up leading an Islamic terrorist group... 

47 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

"The Islamic State West African Province (ISWAP)"

ISWAP? All I wanted was to offload some Panini doubles of Ryan Porteous and I ended up leading an Islamic terrorist group... 

Did they not sing, "Don't turn around"?