The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2021

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

One I missed for my Deadpool- I'd read one of her books as a kid and looked her up on Wikipedia the other year- US Children's author Beverley Cleary at 104.

Another member of the "I didn't realize they were still alive" club

8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Why is nobody dying? Is there a vaccine for everything now?

Before 2020, Dead Pool picks died on average about once every 9 or 10 days or so. You would often go three or four weeks without someone scoring a hit (IIRC, there was at least one of those in 2020, the record-breaking Dead Pool year).  A lull of 13 days - which we're in now - would not be out of the ordinary.

Currently 2021 is on-track for about 80 hits, compared to 2020's 60 or so. It's not that there's 'nobody dying', you're now so used to the new regime that a small, relatively normal, pause of a week or two between people scoring is beginning to feel weird.

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Before 2020, Dead Pool picks died on average about once every 9 or 10 days or so. You would often go three or four weeks without someone scoring a hit (IIRC, there was at least one of those in 2020, the record-breaking Dead Pool year).  A lull of 13 days - which we're in now - would not be out of the ordinary.

Currently 2021 is on-track for about 80 hits, compared to 2020's 60 or so. It's not that there's 'nobody dying', you're now so used to the new regime that a small, relatively normal, pause of a week or two between people scoring is beginning to feel weird.

Ah right, that's what it is. Thanks!

24 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
4 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:
Fishermen's Friend owner coughs her last.

BBC News - Fisherman's Friend tycoon Doreen Lofthouse dies aged 91
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-56587841

Bet she never did get to suck on a Fisherman's friend !

Absolutely menthol.