The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2021

15 hours ago, JustOneCornetto said:

That's only Ripley, Dallas and Lambert left from Nostromo crew.

Curiously, those were the last three left alive in the (inferior) director's cut of the movie, with Parker (Kotto's character) dying just before Lambert. Death imitating art.

Week 12 update

One death this week, racing driver and television presenter Sabine Schmitz: Sabine Schmitz: Former racing driver and Top Gear presenter dies aged 51 - BBC Sport

Former Top Gear presenter Sabine Schmitz - famous for being the only woman to win the Nurburgring 24 Hours - has died aged 51.

Schmitz said last year that she had been diagnosed with cancer in 2017.

Schmitz had become synonymous with the Nurburgring Nordschleife, the 14-mile circuit in Germany that is renowned as the toughest in the world.

She won the 24-hour touring car race at the track twice, in 1996 and 1997, driving a BMW M3.

She became known as the "Queen of the Nurburgring" and estimated she had driven around the track more than 20,000 times.

Schmitz later gained acclaim for an appearance on Top Gear in 2004 in which she drove a van around the track, and subsequently became a presenter on the show alongside Chris Evans in 2016.

This Sunday's episode of Top Gear will be dedicated to Schmitz, with Clare Pizey, executive producer, saying: "Sabine was a beloved member of the Top Gear family and presenting team since 2016, having first appeared on the show in 2004, and everyone who had the pleasure of working with her on the team is in shock at this news.

There's footage of the 1997 Nurburgring 24 hours on youtube:

and since I watch a lot of motorsport and sim racing stuff on youtube I've inevitably had this in my recommendations for the past few days:

She seemed like a good laugh and could drive really well. There are probably worse legacies to leave behind.

Schmitz died at 51, so she's worth 74 Base Points. She was a Solo Shot for @Ned Nederlander for an extra 50 and a total of 124 points.

As a result, the standings look like this:

1. Ned Nederlander 354
2. Savage Henry 344
3. Fuctifano 259
4. Bishop Briggs 241
5. choirbairn 208
6. Lofarl 193
7. doulikefish 163

8. Indale Winton 152
9. The DA 146
10. Arch Stanton 141
11. sparky88 135
12. ICTJohnboy 124

13.  Ludo*1 121
14. Arbroatlegend36-0, pub car king 113
16. stanton 112
17. senorsoupe 110
18. chomp my root 108

19. dee_62 101
20. psv_killie 96
21. JustOneCornetto, lolls, Mark Connolly 94
24. Bert Raccoon 93

25. amnarab 91
26. HI HAT 90
27. buddiepaul, Cardinal Richelieu, jimbaxters, peasy23, sleazy 86
32. amandajoan 84
33. weirdcal 83
34. D.V.T. 76

35. gkneil 69
36. Sweaty Morph 68

37. Lex 63
38. 101, Billy Jean King,   nessies long lost ghost, Raidernation, thistledo 58
43. cdisaaccie, El Guapo, lichtgilphead, The_Craig, theportman, TxRover 55
49. The Hologram 50
50. willie adie 42
51. LoonsYouthTeam 36

52. CountyFan 28
53. Bulbasaur, coprolite 25
55. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-OTo44wF_W7A4Q0NFnd1sX3qEDdxTLDobvjhhSgnzkg/edit?usp=sharing

9 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

Pushing on a quarter of the year gone, the famous dying all over the shop and I'm still on a duck.

My team of octogenarians and nonagenarians are being annoyingly resilient in a global pandemic.

There must be monkey glands in the Covid vaccines

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

My team of octogenarians and nonagenarians are being annoyingly resilient in a global pandemic.

There must be monkey glands in the Covid vaccines

They've survived 80 or 90 years.  They're made of strong stuff.