The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2021

10 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

amHearing newsreaders have been told to have something black on hand to change into "just in case"...which I assume in not entirely unconnected with the Ancient Greek.

'We are saddened  to announce that today at 9am Prince Phillip passed away in his sleep, he was a bit of a c**t, and now the midweek football results' 

11 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

'We are saddened  to announce that today at 9am Prince Phillip passed away in his sleep, he was a bit of a c**t, and now the midweek football results' 

The retrospective they'll show will be interesting if they manage to airbrush out the casual racism and blasting f**k out of animals...those things are all we really know about the guy.

I'd like Roger Mellie to announce it

Roger_Mellie.jpg.198a9e222358e31cbac4d24612a1390d.jpg

"The much loved consort of the Queen tragically passed away after a short illness today and, FUCKIN' GET IN, TOM- the points for the old coffin dodging c*nt puts me ahead in the Dead Pool..."

Week 10 update

One death this week, former Motherwell and Liverpool player Ian St. John: Ian St John obituary | Football | The Guardian

The footballer and television personality Ian St John, who has died aged 82 after suffering from cancer, was a pivotal figure in the restoration of Liverpool football club as a leading force in the mid-1960s, both scoring and making goals in a partnership with Roger Hunt that brought three major honours to Anfield. “Saint” made a total of 425 appearances in the red shirt, scoring 118 goals, including the one in 1965 that brought the FA Cup to Anfield for the first time in Liverpool’s 73-year-old history.

Eloquent and passionate, St John was a blunt, combative, highly intelligent character, brave sometimes to the point of idiocy, combustible enough the following year to flatten Fulham’s Mark Pearson with a single punch after the latter had pulled his hair at Craven Cottage. St John then took himself off to the dressing-room without bothering to wait for the referee to pass sentence. “I had a quick temper,” he once acknowledged. “Which was a bad thing. The fact that I wasn’t afraid of anybody was a good thing.”

St John went on to be one of the first ex-players successfully to make the crossover from playing to broadcasting, joining ATV as a co-commentator and presenter in 1979. Six years later he established another celebrated partnership, this time on TV, with Jimmy Greaves, in Saint and Greavsie. In the sparse football coverage of that era, this Saturday lunchtime pairing of two genial, authoritative former strikers was compulsory watching.

The Guardian also have an assortment of pictures as they often do, with some good ones: Ian St John (1938-2021) – a life in pictures | Football | The Guardian

Ian St John holds the FA Cup trophy aloft with Captain Ron Yeats (top) and jubilant teammates Geoff Strong, Wilf Stevenson, Peter Thompson, Gerry Byrne, and Ian Callaghan

As ever, football just looked better in the old days. 

St. John died at 82, so he's worth 43 Base Points. He was a Deadly Duo pick for @ICTJohnboy and @Sweaty Morph for 68 points each.

As a result, the standings look like this:

1. Savage Henry 308
2. Bishop Briggs 241
3. Fuctifano 231
4. Ned Nederlander 230
5. Lofarl 193

6. choirbairn 180
7. Indale Winton 152
8. sparky88 135

9. doulikefish, Ludo*1 121
11. Arbroatlegend36-0, Arch Stanton, pub car king 113
14. stanton 112
15. senorsoupe, The DA 110
17. chomp my root 108

18. dee_62 101
19. psv_killie 96
20. Mark Connolly, lolls 94
22. Bert Raccoon 93

23. amnarab 91
24. HI HAT 90
25. weirdcal 83

26. gkneil 69
27. ICTJohnboy, Sweaty Morph 68

29. Lex 63
30. 101, Billy Jean King, buddiepaul, Cardinal Richelieu, jimbaxters, JustOneCornetto, nessies long lost ghost, peasy23, Raidernation, sleazy, thistledo 58
41. Amandajoan 56
42. cdisaaccie, El Guapo, lichtgilphead, The_Craig, theportman, TxRover 55

48. The Hologram 50
49. D.V.T. 34
51. Bulbasaur, coprolite 25
53. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-OTo44wF_W7A4Q0NFnd1sX3qEDdxTLDobvjhhSgnzkg/edit?usp=sharing

21 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

The number of private helicopters that crash. If I was a billionaire I wouldn't have one. I think I could just about afford a 1st class ScotRail season ticket instead 

One of my mates at Uni studied aeromechanical engineering and now has a very good job in that business. Any time anyone asks him how helicopters fly, he says "The concepts are all very simple, but by all rights they probably shouldn't".

55 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

Oh no no no no no no no no. Trevor Peacock, Jim Trott from Vicar of Dibley, will get his church funeral at 89.

I think that's more than half the main cast dead now isn’t it?

His Deal or no Deal story was a piece of acting genius.