The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2021

On 14/02/2021 at 22:27, tamthebam said:

Don't cry for me Marge and Tina.

Buenos Deid is to Former Argentine President Carlos Menem at 90.

Gets to play afterlife keepie up with Diego (who probably hated him). 

El Diego will be playing with this guy first...

https://www.espn.com/soccer/argentina-arg/story/4316205/argentina-world-cup-winner-leopoldo-luque-dies-aged-71

(That's both Argentinian scorers from Hampden 79 copped it in the last few weeks).

Week 8 update

One death this week, noted horrible c**t Rush Limbaugh: Obituary: Rush Limbaugh, provocative US radio host - BBC News

Rush Limbaugh, the controversial US radio personality and political commentator, has died aged 70.

His wife Kathryn Adams announced his death on his radio show on Wednesday. He had been suffering from lung cancer.

Best known as the host of the long-running talk radio programme The Rush Limbaugh Show, he was a towering figure in the conservative movement for years.

Three presidents appeared on his show, and he received the US Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2020.

But he was as controversial as he was influential, accused of voicing racist, sexist and homophobic views throughout his career.

The climate change denier peddled numerous conspiracy theories on the air, staunchly opposed immigration, and was a hard-line advocate for US exceptionalism.

I'm not sure I'm in the frame of mind to have a read about people who think this guy had any positive influence on the world, but a search for an obituary seems to have thrown some up. 

Let’s be honest about who Rush Limbaugh really was | The Independent

On January 16, 2013, a little more than a month after the deadly Sandy Hook murders of 20 six- and seven-year-old children and six adults, Limbaugh said, “You know how to stop abortion? Require that each one occur with a gun.” At a time when the nation was still reeling from one of the most horrific school shootings to date, Limbaugh advocated for the government-sanctioned murder of pregnant people seeking abortion services. For context, that’s hoping one in four women — the majority of whom have at least one child at home — are executed for choosing not to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term. 

=======

Limbaugh frequently attacked the LGBTQ+ community, at one point saying, “When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it’s an invitation.” In 2020, he turned his sights on then-presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg, claiming then-president Donald Trump could “have fun” debating “a gay guy kissing his husband on stage.” He referred to a trans caller during his show as a slur and asked how trans people have sex without revealing their “real gender.”  He gave “AIDS updates” on his show with the Dionne Warwick song “I’ll Never Love This Way Again” as accompaniment.

=======

But perhaps nothing embodies Limbaugh’s legacy more than his shameless racism. From his near-constant attacks on former president Barack Obama (during the 2008 election, he called Obama “a veritable rookie whose only chance of winning is that he’s Black” and hosted an entire segment speculating on Obama’s US citizenship) to his attacks on his own listeners (he once told a Black woman caller to “take that bone out of your nose and call me back”), it was Limbaugh’s open embrace of full-blown white supremacy that worked to shape the right-wing media as it is known today. 

I'm not clicking the following Daily Mail efforts because, well, obviously:

Rush Limbaugh dies: Bette Midler among celebrities ...

www.dailymail.co.uk › news › article-9272575 › Liber...

3 days ago — Limbaugh, 70, died at home in Palm Beach, Florida, on Wednesday morning following a 12-month battle with lung cancer. His fourth wife Kathryn ...

Rush Limbaugh a 'one-man hate industry', say university ...

www.dailymail.co.uk › news › article-9277189 › Three...

2 days ago — University of California professors are slammed for 'expressing delight' at Rush Limbaugh's death in email pitching themselves as 'experts' for ...

Have a look here if you want to be depressed further: Rush Limbaugh - Wikipedia Or maybe cheered up that he's dead.

Limbaugh died at 70, so he's worth 55 Base Points for @Arbroathlegend36-0, @Arch Stanton, @Bert Raccoon,, @cdisaaccie, @chomp my root, @El Guapo, @Indale Winton, @lichtgilphead, @Ned Nederlander, @Savage Henry, @sparky88, @The_Craig, @theportman and @TxRover. He was Vice-Captain for @Bishop Briggs and @weirdcal for 83 points and Captain for @Fuctifano, @Lofarl, @senorsoupe and @The DA for 110 points.

As a result, the standings now look like this:

1. Savage Henry 308
2. Bishop Briggs 241
3. Fuctifano 231
4. Ned Nederlander 230
5. Lofarl 193

6. choirbairn 180
7. Indale Winton 152
8. sparky88 135

9. doulikefish, Ludo*1 121
11. Arbroatlegend36-0, Arch Stanton, pub car king 113
14. stanton 112
15. senorsoupe, The DA 110
17. chomp my root 108

18. dee_62 101
19. psv_killie 96
20. Mark Connolly, lolls 94
22. Bert Raccoon 93

23. amnarab 91
24. HI HAT 90
25. weirdcal 83

26. gkneil 69
27. Lex 63
28. 101, Billy Jean King, buddiepaul, Cardinal Richelieu, jimbaxters, JustOneCornetto, nessies long lost ghost, peasy23, Raidernation, sleazy, thistledo 58
39. Amandajoan 56
40. cdisaaccie, El Guapo, lichtgilphead, The_Craig, theportman, TxRover 55

46. The Hologram 50
47. D.V.T. 34
48. Bulbasaur, coprolite 25
50. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-OTo44wF_W7A4Q0NFnd1sX3qEDdxTLDobvjhhSgnzkg/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Week 8 update

One death this week, noted horrible c**t Rush Limbaugh: Obituary: Rush Limbaugh, provocative US radio host - BBC News

I'm not sure I'm in the frame of mind to have a read about people who think this guy had any positive influence on the world, but a search for an obituary seems to have thrown some up. 

Let’s be honest about who Rush Limbaugh really was | The Independent

I'm not clicking the following Daily Mail efforts because, well, obviously:

Have a look here if you want to be depressed further: Rush Limbaugh - Wikipedia Or maybe cheered up that he's dead.

Limbaugh died at 70, so he's worth 55 Base Points for @Arbroathlegend36-0, @Arch Stanton, @Bert Raccoon, @Bishop Briggs, @cdisaaccie, @chomp my root, @El Guapo, @Indale Winton, @lichtgilphead, @Ned Nederlander, @Savage Henry, @sparky88, @The_Craig, @theportman and @TxRover. He was Vice-Captain for @weirdcal for 83 points and Captain for @Fuctifano, @Lofarl, @senorsoupe and @The DA for 110 points.

As a result, the standings now look like this:

1. Savage Henry 308
2. Fuctifano 231
3. Ned Nederlander 230
4. Bishop Briggs 213
5. Lofarl 193

6. choirbairn 180
7. Indale Winton 152
8. sparky88 135

9. doulikefish, Ludo*1 121
11. Arbroatlegend36-0, Arch Stanton, pub car king 113
14. stanton 112
15. senorsoupe, The DA 110
17. chomp my root 108

18. dee_62 101
19. psv_killie 96
20. Mark Connolly, lolls 94
22. Bert Raccoon 93

23. amnarab 91
24. HI HAT 90
25. weirdcal 83

26. gkneil 69
27. Lex 63
28. 101, Billy Jean King, buddiepaul, Cardinal Richelieu, jimbaxters, JustOneCornetto, nessies long lost ghost, peasy23, Raidernation, sleazy, thistledo 58
39. Amandajoan 56
40. cdisaaccie, El Guapo, lichtgilphead, The_Craig, theportman, TxRover 55

46. The Hologram 50
47. D.V.T. 34
48. Bulbasaur, coprolite 25
50. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-OTo44wF_W7A4Q0NFnd1sX3qEDdxTLDobvjhhSgnzkg/edit?usp=sharing

Rush Limbaugh was my vice-captain.  Please check my PM to you on Hogmanay.

ETA - That would put me 2nd with a total of 241 points.

Edited by Bishop Briggs