The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2021

2 minutes ago, Arabdownunder said:

Kudos to @get_the_subbies_on for picking an all female team. 

@Mr. Alli only picking 10 is a bold play

It's more than an all-female, his team was clearly a Hollywood actress theme-team. Great stuff!

The other theme team was Miguel's usual roster of writers, but in deference to his nul points finish last season, he's reinforced last team's literary slackers it with a couple of commonly-considered-moribund celebrities in the hopes of not repeating last year's performance. Disappointing, but understandable.

Mr Alli's my favourite to end on 0-points this season, what with him having an expected Deaths (like expected Goals, except even more useless and wishy-washy) of only 1.09 (by contrast, a couple of players have an xD of well over 4.9). I'll be rooting for him to climb onto the scoreboard, but it's an uphill struggle. His best hope is his captain - a Bulgarian footballer with leukaemia, and the next-best is the famously indestructible Keith Richards.

The most similar pair of rosters is @The_Craig and @sparky88 - they share 9 of their 15 picks in common, so it might be hard to separate them on the scoreboard. Great minds thinking alike, or lemmings following each other off the cliff, time will tell...

Kudos to [mention=63777]get_the_subbies_on[/mention] for picking an all female team. 
[mention=76717]Mr. Alli[/mention] only picking 10 is a bold play

It's more than an all-female, his team was clearly a Hollywood actress theme-team. Great stuff!
The other theme team was Miguel's usual roster of writers, but in deference to his nul points finish last season, he's reinforced last team's literary slackers it with a couple of commonly-considered-moribund celebrities in the hopes of not repeating last year's performance. Disappointing, but understandable.
Mr Alli's my favourite to end on 0-points this season, what with him having an expected Deaths (like expected Goals, except even more useless and wishy-washy) of only 1.09 (by contrast, a couple of players have an xD of well over 4.9). I'll be rooting for him to climb onto the scoreboard, but it's an uphill struggle. His best hope is his captain - a Bulgarian footballer with leukaemia, and the next-best is the famously indestructible Keith Richards.
The most similar pair of rosters is [mention=31712]The_Craig[/mention] and [mention=22855]sparky88[/mention] - they share 9 of their 15 picks in common, so it might be hard to separate them on the scoreboard. Great minds thinking alike, or lemmings following each other off the cliff, time will tell...

The team was the “Hollywood Hotties”. A few former Bond girls and most were extremely attractive at one time or another.
Not very PC, I know but...

6 minutes ago, Amandajoan said:

Barbara Shelly. 

Former Hammer House of Horror actress dead aged 88.

She starred with Spike Milligan in a rare leading role for him in a film called "Postman's Knock". I haven't seen it. I doubt many people have...

10 hours ago, get_the_subbies_on said:

The team was the “Hollywood Hotties”. A few former Bond girls and most were extremely attractive at one time or another.
Not very PC, I know but...

Right, you ken the rules...

Not to duplicate the Strumpets of Yore thread but get ‘em posted...