The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2021

45 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I get ESPN via my BT Sports subscription.

Please give a clear and rational reason for rejecting it, especially as he was a Hall of Famer.

Try this

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/politics/basketball-hall-of-famer-paul-westphal-dies-at-70/ar-BB1cqhiZ

and 

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/nba-hall-of-famer-paul-westphal-dies-after-battle-with-brain-cancer-200433094.html

ESPN - Wikipedia

ESPN (originally an initialism for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network) is an American multinational basic cable sports channel owned by ESPN Inc.

MSN - Wikipedia

MSN (meaning Microsoft Network) is a web portal and related collection of Internet services and apps for Windows and mobile devices, provided by Microsoft and launched on August 24, 1995, the same release date as Windows 95.

Yahoo! - Wikipedia

Yahoo! (/ˈjɑːhuː/, styled as yahoo!)[6][7] is an American web services provider headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, and owned by Verizon Media.

Of these three, MSN is your best bet if I can figure out how they handle the service in different countries. (Ed - Scratch this. The MSN link is an embedded article from a site called The Week which isn't UK-based.)

The fame/standing of a pick has no bearing on whether or not I'll accept an obituary for them.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

11 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Dead Pool - serious business.

Not at all. Just a bit of irreverent and distasteful fun.

Anyway, I have a UK obit for Paul Westphal - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/paul-westphal-hall-of-famer-and-nba-champion-dies-at-70-boston-celtics-phoenix-suns-nba-southern-california-college-b1781583.html

So points please!

8 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

Surely we are above using silly names alluding to masturbation?

ETA...the joke that makes sense...

My girlfriend left me when she found out I had a keyring fetish.

However, I had the last laugh when she fobbed me off.

Edited by Arch Stanton

Week 1 update

I think this game was better back when someone could win with two deaths. Up first this week and year we have former American football man Floyd Little: Floyd Little, NFL Hall of Fame Denver Broncos running back, dies at 78 | NFL | The Guardian

I don't even care that I can't load that article. He's dead. A first hit of the year for @Ned Nederlander yields 47 Base Points, 50 for a Solo Shot and 25 for the First Blood bonus for a total of 122 points. That's one hell of a scoring average to keep up.

========================

Up next this week was former basketball man Phil Westphal: Paul Westphal, Hall of Famer and NBA champion, dies at 70 Boston Celtics Phoenix Suns Southern California college NBA | The Independent

A five-time All-Star guard, Westphal played in the NBA from 1972-84. After winning a championship with the Celtics, he made the finals in 1976 with Phoenix, where he was a key part of one of the most riveting games in league history. He also played for Seattle and the New York Knicks.

He averaged 15.6 points, 4.4 assists and 1.9 rebounds during his career.

I don't know what that means. Westphal was 70 when he died, so he's worth 55 Base Points. He was a Solo Shot for @Bishop Briggs so he's worth 105 points in total.

As a result, the standings look like this:

1. Ned Nederlander 122
2. Bishop Briggs 105
3. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated with these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-OTo44wF_W7A4Q0NFnd1sX3qEDdxTLDobvjhhSgnzkg/edit?usp=sharing