The Relegation Dogfight

The Relegation Dogfight  

320 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 weeks ago ICT fans were telling me how bad their club *sucked* and were certain to be relegated. I responded there wasn't much of a chance of that with their personnel, and since that time they haven't lost and have been the hottest club in Scotland, haha.

Nope, pretty sure no Caley fan told you that.

I don’t remember seeing that either. We were 9th for about a day I think. And we had played 3 or 4 games less than everyone else at that point.

Aside from the increasingly concerning question of whether we'll pick up many more points ourselves, I'm getting the fear about the other two playing Dunfermline. Especially Ayr this weekend.

They've only won once away in the league all season which was their first away game at Alloa, meaning they're 10 away games without a win. If Ayr win while we lose on Saturday there's every chance they'll be safe going into the last day.

Aside from the increasingly concerning question of whether we'll pick up many more points ourselves, I'm getting the fear about the other two playing Dunfermline. Especially Ayr this weekend.
They've only won once away in the league all season which was their first away game at Alloa, meaning they're 10 away games without a win. If Ayr win while we lose on Saturday there's every chance they'll be safe going into the last day.
Ayr win....nah I genuinely don't see where that win comes from. Since Cammy Smith left we are now utterly toothless. Since Hopkin arrived we're route 1 Wimbledon 80s pish. Currently we'll be lucky to score again this season going by the other nights efforts.

Don't mean to rub it in, but I can honestly say that Ayr performance the other night was absolutely the worst I've seen from any opponent this entire season. We were shite as well, just marginally less so for most of the second half. Even when we beat Alloa a couple of weeks back, they at least looked like they understood what they were trying to do and had a clear shape and purpose to them. Ayr didn't.

Edited by Boo Khaki

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Don't mean to rub it in, but I can honestly say that Ayr performance the other night was absolutely the worst I've seen from any opponent this entire season. We were shite as well, just marginally less so for most of the second half. Even when we beat Alloa a couple of weeks back, they at least looked like they understood what they were trying to do and had a clear shape and purpose to them. Ayr didn't.

Morton:

Watch Me Football GIF by Apple TV

21 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I don’t remember seeing that either. We were 9th for about a day I think. And we had played 3 or 4 games less than everyone else at that point.

I can point out the thread for you if you want? Not sure what I would have to gain making that up?

20 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

In this septic tank of a league I doubt that’s actually the case.

I can point out the thread for you if you want? Not sure what I would have to gain making that up?
It's a true story. Sorry to disappoint.
Please point out where any ICT fan said their team "sucked" so I can apologise to you and ridicule the poster who used such an atrocious word.

On 07/04/2021 at 11:15, virginton said:

There's a nice view of the hills in the background but otherwise correct. 

So long as we continue to play Captain Calamity McGinty every match then we will be wildly fortunate to break 30 points - even with two potential dead rubber home games before Arbroath on the last day. It's looking more and more like a race to the bottom between two sinking ships.

Agent McGinn is doing a grand job. 😂 

I think @AmericanFan might be referring to the despondency after the defeat against Morton at the start of last month. After that loss we were 1 win in 12, couldn't score and whilst we weren't getting pumped one goal was often enough to get at least a point against us. Morton had been without a win in ten before their victory up north and we were playing truly awful football and looked incredibly fragile. We were two points off the bottom albeit with four games in hand over other teams. I doubt you would have found many ICT fans who would have said we would have gone in the run we have done.

We hadn't won 6 games in a row (in all competitions) since 2009/10. There was been an incredible turnaround in the last few weeks. It beggars belief. The McCann appointment didn't exactly inspire me nor did the arrival of Dodds however you can't really argue with results and the players have also talked them up a lot as well (Todorov the other day was heaping praise on Dodds). It's a staggering turnaround in form. Allan coming in was completely unexpected and has provided a real creative spark up front for us and Lyall gives some "padding" for the squad as well. Hopefully we can keep it up and secure a play off spot.

20 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Am I right in saying our 6 game winning run started right after Dodds came in?

Yup. Came in around the 13th of March and we've won every game since then.

I think [mention=79589]AmericanFan[/mention] might be referring to the despondency after the defeat against Morton at the start of last month. After that loss we were 1 win in 12, couldn't score and whilst we weren't getting pumped one goal was often enough to get at least a point against us. Morton had been without a win in ten before their victory up north and we were playing truly awful football and looked incredibly fragile. We were two points off the bottom albeit with four games in hand over other teams. I doubt you would have found many ICT fans who would have said we would have gone in the run we have done.

We hadn't won 6 games in a row (in all competitions) since 2009/10. There was been an incredible turnaround in the last few weeks. It beggars belief. The McCann appointment didn't exactly inspire me nor did the arrival of Dodds however you can't really argue with results and the players have also talked them up a lot as well (Todorov the other day was heaping praise on Dodds). It's a staggering turnaround in form. Allan coming in was completely unexpected and has provided a real creative spark up front for us and Lyall gives some "padding" for the squad as well. Hopefully we can keep it up and secure a play off spot.
I'm aware of what he means and don't disagree. I was pulling him up on using an awful Americanism. He's obviously missed the joke though.