The Relegation Dogfight

The Relegation Dogfight  

320 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Jan mosniack said:

Think you will find that plucky draw was actually a defeat for yous. .

No it wasn't, hence why we recorded a point and not zero. Clearly the highlight of an otherwise miserable 2020 for you though.

What a difference a couple of weeks make. Queens looked dead and buried with the bottom 3 getting cut adrift. Now anyone from 4th down is looking over their shoulder. We’ve got a month of tough games coming up with the only bonus being two are games in hand. Play anything like we did against Queens and we’ll soon be dragged towards the bottom. Looking like everyone can beat each other this season.

7 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

What a difference a couple of weeks make. Queens looked dead and buried with the bottom 3 getting cut adrift. Now anyone from 4th down is looking over their shoulder. We’ve got a month of tough games coming up with the only bonus being two are games in hand. Play anything like we did against Queens and we’ll soon be dragged towards the bottom. Looking like everyone can beat each other this season.

I think we will pick up some points in the next few games. None of the teams we are playing have looked anything special, and whilst ICT beat us with ease, they haven't exactly kicked on from there. 

Even if we go on an awful run, we would need Arbroath and Alloa to go on a decent run. 

It is a tight league, but that should also work in the sense that we can take points off the other sides at the top. 

I think we will pick up some points in the next few games. None of the teams we are playing have looked anything special, and whilst ICT beat us with ease, they haven't exactly kicked on from there. 
Even if we go on an awful run, we would need Arbroath and Alloa to go on a decent run. 
It is a tight league, but that should also work in the sense that we can take points off the other sides at the top. 
I don't think there are any teams who have looked special tbh.

2 minutes ago, Girth said:

Arbroath look dead and buried. 

Nobody is dead and buried yet.

Plus we have the joker in another Covid end of season call,  if restrictions are tightened.  

3 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Nobody is dead and buried yet.

Plus we have the joker in another Covid end of season call,  if restrictions are tightened.  

You guys are firing on all cylinders. 

I also worry the season might end. 

You guys are firing on all cylinders. 
I also worry the season might end. 
That's a bit OTT tbh. We got Raith on a real off day and Ayr are in stinking form. Take nothing away from our guys, they still had to win the games but I think only the most deluded happy clapper would feel confident we're out the woods.

As I said already, that we are as close to 4th as we are 10th shows how mental this league really is and there are more teams at risk than safe just now.

On 03/01/2021 at 00:46, BukyOHare said:

Ayr are down. Feel free to fight it out for the relegation playoff place. 

Behave, Ayr were denied a penalty on Saturday, had two efforts that only narrowly missed, our keeper made at least one good save and you only lost to a 92nd minute goal - its down to fine margins - on another day Ayr could have come away with 1 or 3 points from Palmerston.  There's a load of twists and turns still to go in this league yet.

On 03/01/2021 at 05:35, San Starko Rover said:

Play anything like we did against Queens and we’ll soon be dragged towards the bottom ...

Not when you're signing the likes of Kai Kennedy you won't! 😏

It'll be interesting to see how Arbroath Vs Falkirk and Alloa Vs Cove go in the cup this weekend. How much of a gulf, if any, is there between the top of L1 and the bottom of the championship? Guess we'll see.

Cove had a mixed start to the season and not really played to their potential yet. Lacking some squad depth so hopefully we recruit well in the January window.