The Relegation Dogfight

The Relegation Dogfight  

320 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Might as well get this started now given that there's no serious prospect of other teams in the league being involved in this tussle.

I'm relieved but not surprised to see Queen of the South struggle so far but Arbroath's surprisingly poor start must be concerning their fans right now. For all of Dick 'dick' Campbell's tantrums about it at the time, Hopkin's decision to stick a fork in the recent contest to stop Arbroath getting a morale-boosting home win against us is looking a very sensible decision right now. Alloa could kick on from their first win to do their usual streak of a few good results before sliding back into trouble: I can't see them being too far away from the precipice either way tbh. 

The wild cards in the race could of course be provided by whichever financially unstable, clowncar outfit currently leading the pack gets hit with admin and a points deduction. Things are clearly looking ropey at Cappielow of late but can an even greater financial meltdown ever be ruled out at Dens' Park? This humble correspondent thinks not.

Edited by vikingTON

12 minutes ago, virginton said:

The wild cards in the race could of course be provided by whichever financially unstable, clowncar outfit currently leading the pack gets hit with admin and a points deduction.

This is definitely going to happen. Cue said team trotting out how it's unfair etc.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

The way it is going we are heading down. A quarter of the season gone and it is looking very fucking gloomy.  

We might have a chance if we get shot of AJ before Christmas. However, I wouldn’t bank on our board recognising the danger until it is far too late to do anything about it. 

The warning lights have been flashing since the first league game of the season. However, the home defeat by ICT last week should really have been the end for AJ.  It was an awful display. 

If we get shot of him before Christmas I would be more confident of finishing above Alloa and Arbroath. If not, then we are definitely going down.

Edited by qos_75

13 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
16 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
This is definitely going to happen. Cue said team trotting out how it's unfair etc.

Hearts

I think Mr Neilson has already been assured of a healthy January transfer budget from Ann "Deep  Pockets" Budge.

Our objective this season was to stay in the league. Although Hopkin did mention that several times I think he may have forgotten when he was signing a million attacking players and building a totally imbalanced squad.  It looked as if we would do this by grinding out points and getting the odd fluke result. I'd imagine not much has changed on him leaving. Until we are mathematically safe I'll still have real concerns over relegation. 

The group of players we have just now will finish last. 
Being on tv was the worst thing for us as it revealed to other teams what they have to do to beat us - show up.

With key men at the back having returned we look a lot more solid than we did for the first few games. Apart from a horrific display at Palmerston, our general play has been ok and we have competed well. However, we really lack a cutting edge and are going to struggle to win many games as it stands. If we can get a decent loan or two in next month to address that then I'd be hopeful of avoiding 10th. Otherwise, we'll probably go down. 

Of the rest mentioned here I thought Morton were very limited against us - but they still won and are already in double figures. QoS looked poor, which made our non performance all the more frustrating. And Arbroath yesterday were OK I thought, just toothless. I suspect they will improve. Dundee were a mess against us and we should have won that one, but even with mismanagement they have too much in midfield and attack to be dragged into this shit show. Surely.

Edited by Waspie

I went for Alloa bottom Arbroath 9th.  Alloa seem to play some decent stuff but from what their fans are saying they have nothing up front.  Gone Arbroath ahead of them simply as we won comfortably at Alloa last week and I dont think we will do the same this week coming.  Completely ignoring Alloa winning there yesterday.  Horrific logic I know.   Fancy whoever comes 9th in our league to lose the playoff to Partick though.