St Mirren v The Rangers 16/12

Lex

Well done St Mirren. Delighted for big Jim - had a suspicion his team could deliver last night, but didn't imagine it would be so dramatic. Tremendous stuff.

Best of luck in the semis. Hoping for a St Mirren v Hibs final with the guarantee of either Goody or Jack Ross winning a cup.

28 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Said it last night about that 2nd ball in from McGrath. Even better at pitch level. I'd even fancy getting my head on it. 

Going have to take it on the chin today, but I dare say it's worth it.

Well done the Saints.

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Minor radio DJ and presenter of St Mirren TV.

I'm always suspicious of people who have the presence of mind to film themselves while celebrating any goal, let alone a stoppage time winner against one of the OF. 

I'm usually incapable of rational thought in those moments.

Edited by Coventry Saint

11 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm always suspicious of people who have the presence of mind to film themselves while celebrating any goal, let alone a stoppage time winner against one of the OF. 

I'm usually incapable of rational thought in those moments.

Correct, who the f**k is taking their phone out in that moment?

15 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Why is there so much offside chat? He was maybe a tiny bit offside for the cross but clearly onside for the header and save.

Given how many times we've been on the wrong side of terrible decisions against the Glasgow 2, there's a big part of me that wishes he was well offside. 

43 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

• I know big Jonathan Obika didn't score, but he had a decent game last night and is by some distance our best striker. I hope he can knock a couple in soon to boost his personal confidence a bit.

Thought his touch was poor in the first half (kept chesting it down to Rangers players) but improved after the first 30 mins. Didn't stop all night. Worked so hard defensively. Was even in the left-back position at one point!

Also thought he done well for the second goal. Could have easily tried to take it on himself, even with his back to goal, and been selfish - but he let it roll for McGrath which helped outwit the Rangers defenders. What a man. 

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Just posted similar on the St. Mirren thread. 

Trying to get my head around that. We're simply not a team who goes for the throat and definitely not against teams who can outgun us! The attitude shown right after their goal was the best part of all, almost like we didn't believe they deserved to be level so we're going for it now. 

I think there were a few reasons, but one of the main ones being we were just fucked! I think the players thought they might as well because I don't think anyone would have fancied our chances in extra time. Also, Rangers had their "chasing the game" team on by that point and a set peice was always going to be dangerous for us with Tait, Shaughnessy, Fraser, McCarthy and Obika still on the pitch, against really only Goldson and Barisic.