St Mirren v The Rangers 16/12

Lex

On 14/12/2020 at 19:06, Bobby_F said:

2 days to go. Thread is 1 page; mainly Saints fans saying we'll probably lose to a much better Rangers side, and pointing out the extra help they may get if they need it.

Come Thursday and the game finishes Saints 0 Rangers 3, thread is 6 pages.

Come Thursday and the game finishes Saints 1 Rangers 0, then I predict a few more....

More than 6 pages then.

Though a tad disappointed in myself at the Saints victory score I chose. 

Of all the good things that St Mirren did last night, the most impressive was the way that they took the game to Rangers in the few minutes left after Davis had equalised. Most teams would have sat back to ensure that the game went to extra time and not allow Rangers the chance to win it. 

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I think McCarthy might be offside when the cross comes in...even sweeter 😄

On a first viewing I thought the same.

He's not though.  In fact I think two Rangers players are behind him along the line of the six yard box.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

19 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Of all the good things that St Mirren did last night, the most impressive was the way that they took the game to Rangers in the few minutes left after Davis had equalised. Most teams would have sat back to ensure that the game went to extra time and not allow Rangers the chance to win it. 

Just posted similar on the St. Mirren thread. 

Trying to get my head around that. We're simply not a team who goes for the throat and definitely not against teams who can outgun us! The attitude shown right after their goal was the best part of all, almost like we didn't believe they deserved to be level so we're going for it now. 

9 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

It's also just a pity we couldn't have been there to celebrate that, imagine the scenes at that winner in those circumstances. Oh man.

Yes, you can imagine  the gloating of the Rangers fans (plenty of them from Paisley) when they'd apparently rescued it and were going to power home in extra time.  They might even have staged a mini pitch invasion to rejoice in keeping the run going, as they closed in on that first silverware.

The scenes for the winner would have been immense.  Thousands of Jim Goodwins.