St Mirren v The Rangers 16/12

Lex

7 minutes ago, G51 said:

the people who tell you that there's an institutional refereeing bias in the sfa are scottish football's equivalent to anti-vaxxers.

There is a natural bias based on a few things, but I wouldn't go so far as to suggest it's an institutional one.

the people who tell you that there's an institutional refereeing bias in the sfa are scottish football's equivalent to anti-vaxxers.
Dallas fucked us over at Ibrox that day let's be honest. He also fucked us over this season when he gave a foul outside the box which happened inside the box.

Not saying he fucked us over deliberately but he definitely fucked us over.

8 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Dallas fucked us over at Ibrox that day let's be honest. He also fucked us over this season when he gave a foul outside the box which happened inside the box.

Not saying he fucked us over deliberately but he definitely fucked us over.

St Mirren are not the only team to have been fucked over by a referee this season. We were fucked over when Hibs' equaliser in the 2-2 draw wasn't ruled offside.

It happens to everyone, it's part and parcel of the game. The desire to try and completely eliminate this from the game is what has led to the disaster that is VAR.

33 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Can’t find any enthusiasm for this game.

I do but then I dont feel its mission impossible in Paisley. Yes they should run out winners but you never know this is the strongest team I have seen in many a year. Even our League cup winning team. 

23 hours ago, Lola montez said:

If Durmus and Connolly are on it we will give them problems, the danger is the rangers play for set pieces around the box for Tav to do his thing and brother Dallas will be all to obliging, a lot like cellick used to do with Nakamura. It’s a free hit so what’s the worst that can happen

That's what happens when teams park the bus, there's a danger of giving away set pieces in dangerous areas. 

Having once again consulted the football oracles, and tapped away inputting information into the xG algorithms, I am delighted to bring you the Rangers team news for tomorrow more than a day in advance:

McLaughlin, Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Zungu, Arfield, Aribo, Kent, Defoe, Itten

2 hours ago, bennett said:

That's what happens when teams park the bus, there's a danger of giving away set pieces in dangerous areas. 

I'm hopeful we at least try and be a bit more adventurous in this one with it being a cup game. Zero point parking the bus( unless we're 3 up with 5mins to play).

On 14/12/2020 at 17:56, Bobby_F said:

The early 80s semis were quite something.
They just did not care what they did in those days.

It's actually hard these days to remember just how bad it was in the 80s and 90s. Someone posted the highlights of the game against Celtic in the cup the season they were at Hampden, and it was just incredibly blatant how one sided the refereeing was. Nowadays the 50/50s will go the way of the OF team, and they'll get a fair few soft penalties in a season, but back then if you were the diddy team you barely got awarded a throw in!

I love the balance OF posters have, us provincial teams will pull up 5, 6, 7 or more incidents where they've been short changed by a referee and they will throw out the occasional one (and that tends to be marginal rather than blatant) and give the "it happens to everyone".

Yes bad refereeing happens to all teams, the percentages of it happening to non-OF teams is the difference.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

Having once again consulted the football oracles, and tapped away inputting information into the xG algorithms, I am delighted to bring you the Rangers team news for tomorrow more than a day in advance:

McLaughlin, Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Zungu, Arfield, Aribo, Kent, Defoe, Itten

You mean you're just back fae the lodge. 

54 minutes ago, monthelie' said:

Morelos suspended. Bit of a blow for saints as he is fucking rubbish.

You do know that he's been playing a different (deeper) role this season and has been influential in games for us,  probably more of a team player now.

I'll be watching tomorrow of course, but I predict 4-1 to Rangers, that's if we get a rub of the green and manage to score.

We've done well lately, and I'm optimistic now, after our wee run, but I prefer to be realistic, and Rangers have been a different class this season.

I'll be stunned if we manage to take this one, absolutely stunned. Rangers are looking a considerably better side than they have for some time and with Celtic loosening their grasp I cannot imagine Gerrard will be complacent.

It's not impossible of course, as shown in 2013, but as I say, I'd be stunned.

Unbeaten in 27, lodge master Dallas appointed ref, Tavernier top of the scoring charts, Morelos suspended.

I think I will just stay in bed until Thursday.

Nothing to lose tonight, important we don't fall too deep as Rangers have been rampant going forward leading to many penalty and free kick awards.

This is the best chance of a trophy in years St Mirren 1 v 0 Rangers, Dallas suspended from the Lodge. 

PS to be fair that was some free kick Tavernier scored on Sunday, hope he used up his allowance.

Imagine we will field an unchanged side for the third game in a row.

Alnwick

Fraser
Shaughnessy
McCarthy
Tait

Connolly
Doyle-Hayes
Erhahon
Durmus

McGrath

Obika

Amazing what a bit of consistency in team selection can do. Think that’s our strongest 11 - although a fully fit Flynn could get himself in there.
Bit of luck here and there and who knows what can happen, getting through here would probably be our best individual result since we beat Celtic in the league cup semi. However, a 0-3 or similar score line is not unlikely. If we do lose let’s hope it doesn’t upset our momentum going into some crucial league fixtures.

12 minutes ago, Lex said:

Imagine we will field an unchanged side for the third game in a row.

Alnwick

Fraser
Shaughnessy
McCarthy
Tait

Connolly
Doyle-Hayes
Erhahon
Durmus

McGrath

Obika

Amazing what a bit of consistency in team selection can do. Think that’s our strongest 11 - although a fully fit Flynn could get himself in there.
Bit of luck here and there and who knows what can happen, getting through here would probably be our best individual result since we beat Celtic in the league cup semi. However, a 0-3 or similar score line is not unlikely. If we do lose let’s hope it doesn’t upset our momentum going into some crucial league fixtures.

Dennis should be fit now Goodwin said it would take 4 to 5 weeks to build up his fitness.  Agree Obika will lead the line but I think Dennis will be given a chance in this game.