St Mirren v The Rangers 16/12

Lex

Just think, somewhere out there in the multiverse, everyone is away to their beds lamenting Rangers procession to the league cup as brother Dallas handed them their routine victory on a plate.

Luckily, for once, we live in the good universe where an 'unfortunate' fate befell Dallas before kickoff and the chad bro Dickinson took his place. Dallas for his part, reduced to standing on the touchline, cut off at the knees... silently weeping at what might have been and how angry his daddy is going to be at him....then extracting his revenge in the only way he could by making sure Jim Goodwin was punished for the crime of giving it GIRUYs to nothing but fresh air.

59 minutes ago, madmitch said:

When was the previous occasion when neither of the Old Firm were in the semis of a cup? Discounting the Rangers period in the seaside leagues.

59 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Sure someone said during the commentary on Radio Scotland it was the 2014 League Cup.

Edit - Though that would be during Rangers 1st Seaside season I think

There might have been a time in between this, but the last time that's springing to mind for me (obvious reasons as to why that is) is the 2007 CIS Cup.

A last four of Hibs, second-tier St J, Killie and Falkirk.

This aged well. [emoji1787] I thought we were pretty awful first 30 but once we started getting in their faces, and Connolly and McGrath got on the ball, we were excellent.

McGrath has been superb of late but I really think Connolly is a huge player for us now, carries us up the park and puts defenders under real pressure.

Credit to Jim Goodwin, he really has turned this around and maybe we're starting to find our scoring touch now too. What a night.

Goodwin has shat the bed with his tactics early on here. We have nothing to lose.A second goal and the game's already gone.

11 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

That's just superb from McGrath there. Superb finish.

That second ball in from him at the winner is just superb as well. Whipped, low trajectory, hard and behind the throng of blue shirts. We've been guilty of high, aimless floaty pish to nobody, often this season so it's great to see that sort of cross.

All Tait had to do with it was get a head on it and it was always going to test the keeper.

McGrath has been a total revelation since Doyle-Hayes signed.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Nah, he's on. Ball is already well in the air at this point and there's still two Rangers players ahead of him.

image.png.8f63992007ef9d65ae6312eba2298c89.png

That's just my ham-fisted attempt at pausing the video. Anyway, Tait heads it on and by then McCarthy is onside. Was wishful thinking on my part that the winner would be offside.

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I think McCarthy might be offside when the cross comes in...even sweeter 😄

image.png.5bc0cce241e185d15f4736207da4f4ae.png

17's left foot looks to be keeping him on, not sure how it works tbh but given the fact there's a header and save before he puts it in would he not be on even if he is off in this still?