St Mirren v The Rangers 16/12

Lex

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

It's also just a pity we couldn't have been there to celebrate that, imagine the scenes at that winner in those circumstances. Oh man.

One does not need to imagine

Hibs 3 Rangers 2   persevere Cup Final

1 minute ago, Lothiangamer said:

And I am really looking forward to it. Great result for you guys tonight....buzzing for you.

Two sides who were absolutely shite for about 3 months and who both seem to have found their rhythm just at the right time.

It's going to be hard game and both teams will rightly see it as a golden chance.

I still can't believe that happened. I was so gutted when the equaliser went in. We had played so well, except for a bad first 25 minutes. We had nullified Rangers biggest threats, and caused them problems of our own, but the team just looked knackered, completely spent and it felt like we'd be doing well just to get to extra time, when we would lose anyway. I was sitting on the couch so deflated. Then a couple of minutes later THAT HAPPENED. Couldn't fucking believe it. Was jumping around my living room like a teenager. 

I honestly thought we deserved it as well. I thought, second half particularly we were the better team, at least in that we did what we were trying to do better than Rangers anyway. There were no failures for us tonight. Doyle Hayes had a pretty rough first 20 minutes, but he got over it and was excellent in the second half. Erhahon looks a real player, and has a bit of edge as well. I really like him. Connelly, McGrath, Mason and Obika worked so hard to press and close down the fullbacks, while still managing to cause problems of their own, and the whole defence did well to really limit Rangers to very few chances if you are being honest.

Brilliant stuff. So happy. f**k knows how I'm getting to sleep tonight.

Edited by GAD