Hamilton v Hibs

Expected a defeat today but it was a v shite performance.

The next two games are the big ones - need six points although we obviously won't - and it'll be interesting to see how we approach them given our really, shall we say, cautious approach recently.

Nah, not seeing it. Gillespie was mediocre at best.
He'd fit in well with our current crop of shite TBH.
Well I didn't say he'd be playing Premiership [emoji23]
He's better than League 2 though.

Standard Brian Rice interview on Sportsound just there.
The usual deluded pish.
Out of his depth.
Rice out.

That was absolutely fine entertainment of a Saturday, I’ve criticised Jack Ross but the last two Saturdays he’s made me look like a fud and I’m absolutely delighted to say that’s the case.

Today was the first of a decent run of fixtures, Alloa in the cup, Dundee Utd, St Mirren, Ross County and Livingston at home with only Rangers away sandwiched inbetween it. 

12 points, a cup semi final, and a European place all but secure, surely.

3 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

That was absolutely fine entertainment of a Saturday, I’ve criticised Jack Ross but the last two Saturdays he’s made me look like a fud and I’m absolutely delighted to say that’s the case.

TBH I think blaming Jack Ross for that is a bit rich.

I switched between your game and the A'deen game and you played the better football  -albeit vs different opposition but a well-reserved result for your mob.

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

TBH I think blaming Jack Ross for that is a bit rich.

I switched between your game and the A'deen game and you played the better football  -albeit vs different opposition but a well-reserved result for your mob.

I’m not sure what you’re getting at.

I said he’s made me look like a fud after I doubted him after a dismal run of results/performances up until the past 2 weeks.

5 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

I’m not sure what you’re getting at.

I said he’s made me look like a fud after I doubted him after a dismal run of results/performances up until the past 2 weeks.

Oh I was trying to be funny and saying you manage to achieve that all by yourself....

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Oh I was trying to be funny and saying you manage to achieve that all by yourself....

Weird behaviour on a Saturday night trying to have a go at a stranger online that’s enjoyed his teams brilliant performance and admitted his previous doubts of his manager were perhaps undue.

But I’ll leave you to it.

59 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Gillespie was streets ahead of McMann.

Nonsense. There is little doubt that McMann is having a poor season, another player going backwards under Rice (see also Ogkmboe, Hamilton, Minmaugh etc.....) but he is still the one player in our current team capable of creating something and willing to at least try taking a man on. When McMann's contract expires there will be teams at a higher level making him offers.

As for today - appalling. We badly missed Odoffin's physicality in protecting the defense, which in itself highlights how bad our recruitment has been when your right back is your best midfielder. Not one player in that team who would get you off your seat and a manager who I'm often assured is a great coach but has zero ideas going forward and has swung from one extreme of changing formation and selection every week to the other extreme of sticking rigidly with a formation and a team selection that's clearly not working.

Lastly, how does a board that quite correctly takes pride in their academy feel when they see a team put together that can't string 3 passes together? Or when they see Stirling playing in front of Hamilton? The ghostly Trafford playing instead of Minmaugh or Winter being hung out to dry again by being brought on out of position at 4 nil down?

1 hour ago, yummy fur said:

Nonsense. There is little doubt that McMann is having a poor season, another player going backwards under Rice (see also Ogkmboe, Hamilton, Minmaugh etc.....) but he is still the one player in our current team capable of creating something and willing to at least try taking a man on. When McMann's contract expires there will be teams at a higher level making him offers.

As for today - appalling. We badly missed Odoffin's physicality in protecting the defense, which in itself highlights how bad our recruitment has been when your right back is your best midfielder. Not one player in that team who would get you off your seat and a manager who I'm often assured is a great coach but has zero ideas going forward and has swung from one extreme of changing formation and selection every week to the other extreme of sticking rigidly with a formation and a team selection that's clearly not working.

Lastly, how does a board that quite correctly takes pride in their academy feel when they see a team put together that can't string 3 passes together? Or when they see Stirling playing in front of Hamilton? The ghostly Trafford playing instead of Minmaugh or Winter being hung out to dry again by being brought on out of position at 4 nil down?

I honestly dont think McMann has anything going for him. Most one footed player ever. Cant jump, cant tackle, cant pass. 1 good cross in 12 and that step over 😂😂

Time will tell but when he leaves us I think he will go to Falkirk, Clyde, Airdrie. A year later he will be at East Kilbride.

McMann seems to have regressed this season but he was arguably our best player last season. His performance at Fir Park in our 2-1 win was magnificent from start to finish. He has it in him, maybe he'd crack on in a better team. I couldn't see him going above League One in England though.