Airdrieonians v Montrose

15 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Even more baffling when you think that two of those three midfielders are Paul McKay and Josh Kerr. Both offer so little.

Kerr’s passing accuracy must be one of the worst in the league.

It is dreadful, he passed the ball straight out the park on at least 3 occasions. I have no idea what he is meant to be doing in there. Said it last week that I'm happy for him to play at centre back, or even right back over McDonald, but he is a wasted jersey in midfield. I don't blame him for that, he doesn't pick the team.

Anybody thinking before the game that Airdrie could/should have got a result today are clearly wearing the diamond tinted specs.  I said during the week on the Airdrie thread that next week would see us 3 defeats in a row. I said at the start of this thread Montrose would win. It's all so predictable. Anyone thinking we've got any right to win ANY game in this league is deluded. Montrose have easily the best manager in the league who has installed a tremendous work ethic in that team he's built.

The only good thing to come of this today was picking up a decent lift compliments of the ridiculously priced Montrose.

Screenshot_20201212-182632~2.png

My blind optimism always makes me think we could win but I am now prepared to give up on predicting any game involving a Murray selection. Montrose just look as good as they did last season . and the one before, and while they have good L1 players the difference must be that they are better managed. To let their two CBs stroll a game against one striker with little support, while we persist with a protection for our two CBs seems perverse in a home game. I don't blame the players in most cases but why not have square pegs in square holes? As to that desperate triple subs again this is surely a sign of  a guy who does not know what to do week in week out.  We lost badly last season to Montrose at home and we have not improved one iota. With Peterhead winning there is also no guarantee that we will be as much likely to be in bottom half as somewhere in top bit. The League title prospects always looked dodgy but this is worse than I expected.

19 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

My blind optimism always makes me think we could win but I am now prepared to give up on predicting any game involving a Murray selection. Montrose just look as good as they did last season . and the one before, and while they have good L1 players the difference must be that they are better managed. To let their two CBs stroll a game against one striker with little support, while we persist with a protection for our two CBs seems perverse in a home game. I don't blame the players in most cases but why not have square pegs in square holes? As to that desperate triple subs again this is surely a sign of  a guy who does not know what to do week in week out.  We lost badly last season to Montrose at home and we have not improved one iota. With Peterhead winning there is also no guarantee that we will be as much likely to be in bottom half as somewhere in top bit. The League title prospects always looked dodgy but this is worse than I expected.

Keep the faith, 0-1 isn’t a disgrace.

1 minute ago, Angus of the Mo said:

Tough luck Airdrie.

I hope the turnstiles open up soon so we can get a craic. Fekkin Saturdays are p!sh without going to the game

I agree with your last sentence but that performance by us was "pish" whereas Montrose did all that they needed to do. Others have debated whether that is a sign of a "decent"  but it is has been progress from your position a few years ago. Best wishes for 2021 .

6 minutes ago, Angus of the Mo said:

Keep the faith, 0-1 isn’t a disgrace.

I suppose we always overeact when things are going wrong. 60 years of supporting the club means I have kept the faith. Moaning about the transients is par for the course. Thought your players were just a bit more nimble and comfortable on , and off , the ball.

5 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I suppose we always overeact when things are going wrong. 60 years of supporting the club means I have kept the faith. Moaning about the transients is par for the course. Thought your players were just a bit more nimble and comfortable on , and off , the ball.

I supported the Mo for 22 years while they were p!sh, mostly bottom of league 2. Thank Fekk east Stirlingshire were even more p!sh.

We survived the drop to the Highland league by 1 goal, that gave the club a massive scare and the shake up they were needing, two seasons after that we were in league 1.

All the best for 2021 to you.

Look forward to see you when the grounds are open!

First time watching airdrie this season. First half they were probably the better team without creating much. However, there was absolutely no shape to the team. Montrose just look so much more organised. You can tell the difference in the quality of the managers by the second half. Airdrie came out and were absolutely shite whilst montrose came out all guns blazing and deserved their win.

Airdrie have some decent players but they really wont make the most of it until murray is away. Absolute pish

Very professional performance by the Mo. What a difference now that we have our settled defence back. Dillo and in particular Waddell have been outstanding the last two games.
Great goal again by Rusty and we I was really pleased to see how we managed the game after the goal.
3 points, on to the next one.