Airdrieonians v Montrose

I don't think many Airdrie fans are looking forward to this. Performances have been very inconsistent so far this season with East Fife last week being a real low point. I'm hesitant to say we can't be any worse, because I know we definitely can be, but I'm hopeful of a much better performance tomorrow. 

We struggled against Montrose last season and I felt that they got the better of us performance wise in all three games, even the 1-0 win early in the season where we were fortunate Montrose went down to 10 men in the first half. I think Petrie is by far the best manager in this league so I'm always quite wary when facing Montrose but there's no reason why Airdrie shouldn't be looking to win this, as these are the sort of games you need to be winning to challenge for promotion. 

I would probably line up something like this, as that sort of shape seemed to work well against Clyde and gives us the option to go 4-4-2 if things aren't working. I reckon Murray might leave Gallagher on the bench though and start MacDonald or Thomson instead. 

Currie
Kerr - Crighton - Fordyce - McCann
McKay - Sabatini
Robert - Carrick - Connell
Gallagher

29 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Really not looking forward to this game at all.  Murray to once again change the starting 11 (has he done this every game?), Montrose will outwork and outperform Airdrie all over the park.

Prediction: Airdrie 1-2 Montrose

Going to be Eye opener one way or another, got to play attacking options, 

I'd like to see a bolder team selection from Murray today. The front 4 that done so well against Clyde and Forfar is a must but big questions of the defence and I'm not convinced either Crighton or MacDonald deserve to start. Probably difficult to drop both so I'd put Kerr in defence over one of them and go with McKay and Sabatini in midfield. If both were dropped it would mean bringing Walker back in or putting McKay in at right back and bringing Ritchie into midfield (would be good to see more of Ritchie actually) but I would prefer to keep McKay in the midfield if possible. If we don't play 4231 when it's the only formation that's worked for us with relative consistency the you've got to ask big questions about Murray's competency.

Absolutely pathetic. That’s 2 x 90 mins (last week and today) that I won’t get back. Same old same old. How many goals have we scored from about 8-10 long throws per game - 1 maybe 2 max.
It rarely works!!!!

Play ALL your best players Murray and pass the ball - like Montrose did for instance - It’s not that difficult.
Murray’s position is rapidly becoming untenable in my eyes unless something changes dramatically and quick.

Gallagher, Carrick, Robert and Connell have started together twice and in those two games we've scored 8 goals with the four of them working together to score and create them. Baffling that Murray insists on dropping one of them to the bench and having three centre mids.

Even more baffling when you think that two of those three midfielders are Paul McKay and Josh Kerr. Both offer so little.

Kerr’s passing accuracy must be one of the worst in the league.