St Johnstone v Livingston - 12/12/20

Fantastic win. Feared the worst after the equaliser but the Mullin’s produced the game’s highlight with his ball to Robinson for the second. Dug in well thereafter to get the points, immense credit to Martindale for switching the formation after the Saints goal to swing it back our way. 

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

Get this straight to my veins. Only thing better than a dirty as f**k team losing is the fans having a wee cry afterwards. GIRFUY.

Quite right. I love it when opposition supporters are bitter after a hard fought win.

We've got players that pretend their injured as well - Hendry did at towards the end of the game today too in order to make sure we got a free kick - it's just part of the game.

Just now, Kyle said:

Quite right. I love it when opposition supporters are bitter after a hard fought win.

We've got players that pretend their injured as well - Hendry did at towards the end of the game today too in order to make sure we got a free kick - it's just part of the game.

Exactly. Something I've never understood with football fans in general is this idea that everyone in the team you support is an angel who would never dare foul/dive etc. Everyone's a c**t, it's what makes the game great.

Livingston were at it all game, it was their lone striker on the ground, and we were 1-0 down, bit of a stretch to claim it cost them anything when they won the game, and the striker would've been nowhere near any of the play regardless. 

Worst dive of the game was Melameds swan dive FWIW.

Zero complaints about the score. I've had doubts about our defence all season for differing reasons, but been trying to pass it off as bad luck/dodgy keeper etc., but its now at a similar stage to last season in that everyone is expecting us to go 1-0 down at some stage as they're so weak. 

lol at the people accusing Tiffoney of faking it when he was taken off 2 minutes after.

Couldn't begrudge Saints a draw if they'd nicked one, but their lack of cutting edge was apparent. A little disappointed in the goal we conceded, I'd like to see it again but it looked like an OG and a Stryjek flap at first glance?

Martindale on 3 wins out of 3, it has to be a matter of time before the job is his. The substitution to bring on Brown for Forrest and move into a 3-5-2 changed the game, and there's no way Holt makes that change.

We're now only 3 points off 5th...

What a horrible team Livingston are to play against. And there is no bigger compliment than that!

Not on show today admittedly but Saints must be right up there when it comes to teams that are pretty decent but have so little to show for it.

A result and performance like today's shouldn't matter in the course of our season because of the points total we should have but it does matter because we are so criminally underperforming, especially at home. 

I think what annoys me more about the performance is that for 10 minutes at the start, we did actually move the ball about well but then just let ourselves get drawn into the type of game Livingston wanted. If we'd tried to play our football and lost the game, that is one thing but that was the most un-Davidson like performance of the season.

Usually you pick out several players from our performances who did well but there was really no one today. 

I'd have given up this match for a win on Tuesday, so the players can right the wrong but let's play our game and see where it takes us. 

Livingston did what Livi do,not pretty but on this evidence effective. Honestly thought pre match Saints would have been up for this.All the so called pundits had this down for a home banker.🤔.Poor game tbf but a welcome victory to the team who took their chances when the home side didnt.And by the way,Stevie May is done at this level.Right wheres the fridge🍻🍻🍻

Funny how we all see it so differently, was getting on my tits the amount of fouls Beaton was giving St Johnstone players for basically falling down, some even going  backwards to fall into our player who wasn't near to foul him. Then the corner that should've been a foul to us and they almost scored. Thought we started doing the same once we went ahead, and Marv stopping dead to get knocked over buying a foul to waste time. 

Anyway, fucking delighted with the win, thought when they equalised we'd lose the game, same as we did against Accies and Killie, completely different team under Martindale though, more fight about us, pressing and showing grit to see out the game. Some pass by Mullin and brilliantly put away by Robbo. At this rate Martindale could be on for MoTM while only being the interim boss.

On 11/12/2020 at 15:28, LIVIFOREVER said:

If you're including cup games we're unbeaten in our last 2, and only lost 1 in our last 6, scoring 15 and conceding 3. Hey i can big us up to look like we're pretty decent too.;) 

Not got a great record in away games against you, even when we went 2-0 up at HT we ended up drawing, feeling this has another 2-2 draw written all over it and adding another game onto St Johnstone's unbeaten run. However this Livi team has a habit of breaking runs, first team to take points off Hearts a couple of seasons ago, beat Celtic last season, and take points off Sevco this season, could we just go and beat St Johnstone away, might be worth a cheeky fiver on it.

BTW called it, pity i'm not a betting man and didn't stick that cheeky fiver on it though.

Horrible game and we got what we deserved. Why was Rooney dropped as we need his strength. May must do better in possession about the halfway line, that’s three points lost in the last two games where he has lost the ball. Really we had no MOM for me today—sorry.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Livingston were at it all game, it was their lone striker on the ground, and we were 1-0 down, bit of a stretch to claim it cost them anything when they won the game, and the striker would've been nowhere near any of the play regardless. 

Worst dive of the game was Melameds swan dive FWIW.

Zero complaints about the score. I've had doubts about our defence all season for differing reasons, but been trying to pass it off as bad luck/dodgy keeper etc., but its now at a similar stage to last season in that everyone is expecting us to go 1-0 down at some stage as they're so weak. 

gettyimages-805225006-1024x1024.jpg