St Johnstone v Livingston - 12/12/20

Shite day for me, followed by watching this dross.

Livingston press so well in midfield its impossible to play through them, while Kane is more like himself.

Beaton really is a disaster. 

BLATENT FOUL there and that freekick he gave against Kane after about 10 mins. Not even close to a foul. 

Kane works hard etc but he'll continue to not score many with his positioning and movement in the box. May putting that ball across? Kane standing at the end of the box!!!

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Beaton really is a disaster. 

BLATENT FOUL there and that freekick he gave against Kane after about 10 mins. Not even close to a foul. 

We’re getting nothing here at all. It’s always the same with Beaton, never looks like he’s refereeing fairly when it’s with us!

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Bryson, Wotherspoon and McCann really need to get a hold of the ball in midfield as Livi looking the stronger just now after our good start.

See i think the opposite. Their strength is the middle of the park, while the CBs are weak individually.

I'd rather we get the ball up the park as quick as possible than allow them to press us. Or even get McCann/Bryson to drop deep, play a one-two with a CB, goad a CM forward and pap the ball up the park.

We're not going to play them through them and create a chance. 

Sadly Kane is offering nothing in terms of movement. He's such a good "pressing forward", because he's chasing CBs into gaps he should already have been running in to.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sadly Kane is offering nothing in terms of movement. He's such a good "pressing forward", because he's chasing CBs into gaps he should already have been running in to.

Kane's done well off the bench recently, because he's been coming off the bench. You'd have thought we'd have learned our lesson about starting him by now. 

(Kane worldy incoming).

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

See i think the opposite. Their strength is the middle of the park, while the CBs are weak individually.

I'd rather we get the ball up the park as quick as possible than allow them to press us. Or even get McCann/Bryson to drop deep, play a one-two with a CB, goad a CM forward and pap the ball up the park.

We're not going to play them through them and create a chance. 

Since i typed it we've been far better and looked to play through them more.  I think we're a better football side, and should look to mix it up by a couple of passes in midfield to invite the pressure from their centre midfield and open up space in behind.

Typical Saints v Livi game so far, a bit of a battle with few chances either way.