St Johnstone v Livingston - 12/12/20

The record breakers, the history makers.. Having set a club record 11 games unbeaten as a top flight side, does it end against Livingston this weekend?

Livingston unbeaten in their last 1 game. 

More importantly, is this the only fixture this season that doesn't have away fans crying about the £17.50 PPV price?

One things for sure, it'll be 0-0 at half time

£17.50 is a fucking bargain and I'm happy to pay it to one of the sexier sides in the league.

This has 1-0 either way written all over it. Martindale has me feeling slightly more confident about this livi side again, but even at our peak then St Johnstone had our number. Although maybe that was just Tommy Wright.

First of 3 big games in 2 weeks for us. Looking like we'll have a full squad if MOH and Booth are fit. Manager has a bit of a selection problem. At the back it will be Kerr back in for Rooney but lots of other starts up for grabs.  

CD doesn't like risking players that aren't fully fit and both right-sided attacking options might not be 100%. Feeling he'll go with Conway over MOH, just because of the nature of the injuries. 

In the middle you'd expect to see Davidson back, but in all honesty I'd be happy if Bryson keeps the place. He does seem a bit of a liability but Muzz is a stick-on yellow anyway, and I do think Bryson offers a lot more with the ball on the ground. I'd like to see Bryson start and Muzz later, if we need more air threat. Also I'd expect Davidson must surely start against Dunfermline so maybe not worth the risk of a full 90 tomorrow. 

Zander

DanMc  Kerr  Gordon  McCart  Tanser

Bryson  McCann

Conway  May  Spoony

Is what I'm thinking we'll see. 

I think we'll score 2, and win the game. 

I think Kane has earned a start here and having 2 strikers in the system gets May in the box more. I’d go with Valentino’s team above but with Kane in for Conway.

Obvs wouldn’t mind if Davidson went with the Israeli prince instead but do feel 2 strikers with Wotherspoon in behind gives us our best chance here

2 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Although maybe that was just Tommy Wright.

Feel like TW was always willing to accept Livingston were stronger and harder working (sounds like I'm having a go at our squad when I'm not meaning it like that), and well drilled, so set us up to prevent Livingston countering us, as shite as that made the games.

Whether CD has the same mindset is yet to be seen.

7 hours ago, deej said:

The record breakers, the history makers.. Having set a club record 11 games unbeaten as a top flight side, does it end against Livingston this weekend?

Livingston unbeaten in their last 1 game

More importantly, is this the only fixture this season that doesn't have away fans crying about the £17.50 PPV price?

One things for sure, it'll be 0-0 at half time

If you're including cup games we're unbeaten in our last 2, and only lost 1 in our last 6, scoring 15 and conceding 3. Hey i can big us up to look like we're pretty decent too.;) 

Not got a great record in away games against you, even when we went 2-0 up at HT we ended up drawing, feeling this has another 2-2 draw written all over it and adding another game onto St Johnstone's unbeaten run. However this Livi team has a habit of breaking runs, first team to take points off Hearts a couple of seasons ago, beat Celtic last season, and take points off Sevco this season, could we just go and beat St Johnstone away, might be worth a cheeky fiver on it.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

If you're including cup games we're unbeaten in our last 2, and only lost 1 in our last 6, scoring 15 and conceding 3. Hey i can big us up to look like we're pretty decent too.;) 

Not got a great record in away games against you, even when we went 2-0 up at HT we ended up drawing, feeling this has another 2-2 draw written all over it and adding another game onto St Johnstone's unbeaten run. However this Livi team has a habit of breaking runs, first team to take points off Hearts a couple of seasons ago, beat Celtic last season, and take points off Sevco this season, could we just go and beat St Johnstone away, might be worth a cheeky fiver on it.

You didn't expect me to actually do research on this did you? Apologies, Livingston unbeaten in 2. Only fair that we include cup games for both sides. 

If I remember correctly our club unbeaten run of 21(ish) games was ended by you in our promotion winning season as well.

If you're including cup games we're unbeaten in our last 2, and only lost 1 in our last 6, scoring 15 and conceding 3. Hey i can big us up to look like we're pretty decent too.[emoji6] 

Yep you can big your mob up to look pretty decent.
We ARE pretty decent.

2-0 to Tayside's finest.

My only worry is teams rarely maintain good performances/results over a season, especially clubs at our level, so a run of shit is surely headed our way shortly.

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

My only worry is teams rarely maintain good performances/results over a season, especially clubs at our level, so a run of shit is surely headed our way shortly.

We had that at the start of the season though, so got it out the way early. 

Yellow flood warnings, heavy rain incoming. Drainage should be up to it but it will be a heavy surface. 

9 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

We had that at the start of the season though, so got it out the way early. 

I'm a very negative soul.

With only 2 wins in our past 10 league matches, and sitting only 5 points off the foot of the table, could be doing with a win here to climb the table. 

We've done well improving our record of defeats into draws, now just need to find a way to turn the draws into 3 points.

We've rarely not been the better team in matches this season, possibly only Utd away, Rangers and Livi away were games where we couldn't feel hard done by with the result.

Livi are always difficult opponents, expect it to be another tight game.  Stick with the two strikers please Callum, we've looked far more threatening.

53 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

With only 2 wins in our past 10 league matches, and sitting only 5 points off the foot of the table, could be doing with a win here to climb the table. 

^ This, absolutely. 

It's sobering looking at the table considering how well we've played, fairly consistently, and seeing that we're 3 points above Hamilton after 16 games. It's an absolute headfuck tbh. 

Only thing I'd maybe disagree with is the comment about United, thought we were the better team that day and if we'd kept 11 men on the park we should have had the 3 points. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

3 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

^ This, absolutely. 

It's sobering looking at the table considering how well we've played, fairly consistently, and seeing that we're 3 points above Hamilton after 16 games. It's an absolute headfuck tbh. 

Only thing I'd maybe disagree with is the comment about United, thought we were the better team that day and if we'd kept 11 men on the park we should have had the 3 points. 

Seems a lifetime ago!

We had a good 20 minute spell after half time during which we scored.  But we did nothing at all in the first half even with 11 men and were mostly second best. After our goal we understandably tired and Utd had all the possession for the last 15-20 minutes without creating much.

Maybe a draw was fair enough, but I don't think we could say we were hard done by with that result at all.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Could also say that our current run of shit is about over and were now ready for a good run with a string of wins.