People who did one noteable thing at your club & nothing else

Untrue to say Paeslack did one thing. He played blinders against Falkirk at Love St, and an away game at Airdrie. From memory, in one of those games, he had actually broken a bone in his leg, but played on. This is purely from memory and I would need fellow Saints fans of a ‘certain age’ to confirm. I’m 99.9% certain though that Paeslack was outstanding in the two games I mention.

Paeslack was the classic excellent second tier striker but not up to it in the top flight.
Like a baldy German version of Lawrence Shankland.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Untrue to say Paeslack did one thing. He played blinders against Falkirk at Love St, and an away game at Airdrie. From memory, in one of those games, he had actually broken a bone in his leg, but played on. This is purely from memory and I would need fellow Saints fans of a ‘certain age’ to confirm. I’m 99.9% certain though that Paeslack was outstanding in the two games I mention.

I was at both those games Paul and he also played well against Dundee at LS but maybe old age is kicking in but I can only remember him scoring 1 goal. 🤔

Paeslack came off the bench against Airdrie just after he signed and looked decent. He was pretty good against Falkirk when he started the following week but got crunched by someone, which is what resulted in the broken leg (although he didn't know it at the time).

He seemed a decent signing but was shit. Scored against Rangers and had a decent individual goal against Dundee in the cup (although they were down to nine men at the time, imagine having two players sent off against us in the League Cup) but, for the most part, was pish and signed for some mob in Cyprus by Christmas.

We had some pish strikers that season including Renfurm, Dagnogo and Fenton.

5 hours ago, The Saintee said:

I'm sure that we had a coach who took a shite in a mug as a party piece and was promptly sacked 

It was Steve Harrison.

He'd had a decent coaching career with Graham Taylor at Watford, Villa and England. He was sacked by Millwall for his party trick of shiteing into a pint glass from the top of a wardrobe.

(If Stuart Cosgrove is reading this I can't help thinking that would get you a series on Channel 4 these days. Perhaps the Great British Shit Off featuring Harrison and Ian McCall)

John McClelland brought him north but the press repeated the pint glass story and an unimpressed Geoff Brown handed him his jotters.

It was Steve Harrison.
He'd had a decent coaching career with Graham Taylor at Watford, Villa and England. He was sacked by Millwall for his party trick of shiteing into a pint glass from the top of a wardrobe.
(If Stuart Cosgrove is reading this I can't help thinking that would get you a series on Channel 4 these days. Perhaps the Great British Shit Off featuring Harrison and Ian McCall)
John McClelland brought him north but the press repeated the pint glass story and an unimpressed Geoff Brown handed him his jotters.
Pretty sure John Potter qualifies for that show too possibly Iain McCall also. You might be onto something here in an Alan Partridge "pitch for a show" type way.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

It was Steve Harrison.

I believe that your profile picture already had a similar show with a larger target "Celebrity Shit in a Bucket" 

Dave Bus

Made a couple of cameo appearances off the bench and just shelled the ball away whenever it came near him.

Was awarded a start up at Caley and proceeded to bullet in a header from a free kick. Unfortunately it was past our own keeper.

Our defence was an absolute mess that first half to such an extent it made Russell Duncan look like Zidane. He got hooked at half time and was never seen again.

We went on to win 4-3 with a last minute Chris Maguire goal. That game was ace!

Freakishly, it was perhaps the only decent game McNamara had for us as well.

Urrgh that fucking game.  I was steaming and just remember that wee wanker Maguire wheeling away as per the thumbnail.  Think I spewed in the Caley club at about 6pm that night.  

34 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Dave Bus

Made a couple of cameo appearances off the bench and just shelled the ball away whenever it came near him.

Was awarded a start up at Caley and proceeded to bullet in a header from a free kick. Unfortunately it was past our own keeper.

Our defence was an absolute mess that first half to such an extent it made Russell Duncan look like Zidane. He got hooked at half time and was never seen again.

We went on to win 4-3 with a last minute Chris Maguire goal. That game was ace!

Freakishly, it was perhaps the only decent game McNamara had for us as well.

That video can’t be right. Steve fucking Lovell scored every bloody goal for Aberdeen against us during that period where we could never get a result against you.

And yes I’m still bitter.