People who did one noteable thing at your club & nothing else

4 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Rory Boulding scoring a last minute winner against Aberdeen to send United into the Holy Grail of a top 6 position on match day 33 during season 2012-13.

20201211_081111.gif.e78e7e0a0dafd7bc83f030ab82648891.gif

Bar a decent season at Livingston, not the most glittering of careers for a striker with goal-less spells at Mansfield, Ilkeston, Hucknall Town, Bradford, Kilmarnock and Falkirk on his CV.

We had freed Boulding (or possibly loaned him out to you) and he ended up scoring this last minute winner which cost us top 6 because we lost to a Gary Harkins inspired Dundee on the same day.

Can’t remember the exact names of who tweeted what but I think after Harkins had scored a couple against us to have Dundee winning Pascali (our captain and out injured at the time) tweeted something like “all we need is a Rory Boulding winner to top this off” and another lower league jobber who we had signed but hardly played tweeted “Karma” at full time.  At the time there had been a struggle between Sheils and the players group including Harkins, Pascali etc which led to Harkins leaving a few months before this game.

21 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

What a clip.

28 seconds of actual football with the ball in play, and literally the entire rest of the clip is players patting the wee lad on the back. No replays either.

Quite tremendous editing imo.

It may have been deliberately edited that way by the Hibs defensive coaching staff to prevent anyone realising that they'd basically conceded exactly the same goal three times.

8 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

OK bit harsh on Mason.  Wasnt meant as a negative but his 2 goals in that final outstripped everything else he did by a long way. 

Solid player.

Better than solid, I never saw him play the ball back the way, always forward positive, underated 

There's the Celtic manager who was unbeaten in all matches-

When Liam Brady and assistant Joe Jordan were sacked Frank Connor took charge as a caretaker for 4 matches. He won a European game and picked the team for a game against Rangers on behalf of incoming manager Lou Macari which Celtic also won 

Maybe the board should have just given Frank the job - he wouldn't have signed Carl Muggleton or Wayne Biggins anyway 

6 hours ago, Torfason said:

image.thumb.jpeg.89d87817440df8ee7dfa399f0c8ca772.jpeg

Scored against Rangers and then bolted after getting caught stealing a £2.5K watch and cash off his teammates.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/ST+MIRREN+STAR+FLEES+SCOTLAND+AFTER+FLEECING+HIS+TEAMMATES%3B+GERMAN...-a075417817

Ivo den Bieman at the back for the Bairns 🥰

20 hours ago, Hendo said:

Gareth Wardlaw, wasnt very good but scored the winner at Pittodrie to keep us up.

Wardlaw played against Edinburgh City for Burntisland Shipyard in the Qualifying Cup (South), a game Shippy lost.

He then signed for Ayr United and was on the winning side when Ayr beat City in the Scottish Cup proper.

On 11/12/2020 at 15:59, Irrational Behaviour said:

Haven't read through the thread to see if it has been mentioned but it has to be Wes Burns. 

Scored with his very first touch on his debut against Ventspils (I think). Never did anything after that. 

Slightly untrue. I was at the League Cup tie at Somerset Park a few weeks later and Burns was magnificent that night. Hit the bar at least twice, made the keeper make two or three great saves, and had a performance that had me thinking that he was going to be a really important player that season. Ok, I was wrong.

20 hours ago, Torfason said:

image.thumb.jpeg.89d87817440df8ee7dfa399f0c8ca772.jpeg

Scored against Rangers and then bolted after getting caught stealing a £2.5K watch and cash off his teammates.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/ST+MIRREN+STAR+FLEES+SCOTLAND+AFTER+FLEECING+HIS+TEAMMATES%3B+GERMAN...-a075417817

Untrue to say Paeslack did one thing. He played blinders against Falkirk at Love St, and an away game at Airdrie. From memory, in one of those games, he had actually broken a bone in his leg, but played on. This is purely from memory and I would need fellow Saints fans of a ‘certain age’ to confirm. I’m 99.9% certain though that Paeslack was outstanding in the two games I mention.