People who did one noteable thing at your club & nothing else

On 10/12/2020 at 16:11, Ranaldo Bairn said:

What a clip.

28 seconds of actual football with the ball in play, and literally the entire rest of the clip is players patting the wee lad on the back. No replays either.

Quite tremendous editing imo.

It was all replays, he only scored one goal, just inside the box and a diagonal shot into the corner.  Were you expecting coverage of his trip back to fantasy island?

51 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

That video can’t be right. Steve fucking Lovell scored every bloody goal for Aberdeen against us during that period where we could never get a result against you.

And yes I’m still bitter.

Must've been injured, unsurprisingly.

That clip doesn't mention that Duncan got sent off at half time after getting so worked up at the Dons fans giving him pelters after he scored.

Tried to complain to the ref that he got a pie thrown at him (which he did) and got hounded for the rest of the half for it. Nicholson equalising and the ensuing onslaught against him must've tipped him over the edge.

On 11/12/2020 at 09:41, AJF said:

Would Craig Whyte meet the definition of noteable? There wasn't much fuss made about it at the time...

1__SDR_GFMP_160517craigwhyte_007.jpg

I was going to say Whyte but then I remembered that the topic said “club” and of course we know that Craig Whyte had nothing to do with any Scottish football club and was purely on the company side.

1 hour ago, Academically Deficient said:

Gavin Skelton.

16 games. 0 goals.

But he brought his sister to watch him play. TV's lovely Helen Skelton.

Gavin Skelton scored the only goal in Gretna's last ever game, a midweek win against Hearts at Fir Park.

I was there. Hearts were crap. I don't think Helen was there.

I doubt she was. She was sitting a couple of rows in front of me at the Accies. Seem to recall her getting a pie at half-time. 

I was the only person who recognised her, only because my daughters were wee at the time and watched her on telly. I didn't even point her out and say "Look! It's TV's lovely Helen Skelton".

Your proverbial sliding doors moment right there. 

Which raises the question: have any other P&Bs ever seen a pretty lady celebrity at their local team's ground?
You know, Ursala Andress spotted at Cappielow for a League Cup Sections game, late 60s kinda thing?
Amy Macdonald was a regular in Dingwall when her husband played for us. She once got the St Johnstone da brigade seething by having the temerity to sit near the away end once.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:
12 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:
Which raises the question: have any other P&Bs ever seen a pretty lady celebrity at their local team's ground?
You know, Ursala Andress spotted at Cappielow for a League Cup Sections game, late 60s kinda thing?

Amy Macdonald was a regular in Dingwall when her husband played for us. She once got the St Johnstone da brigade seething by having the temerity to sit near the away end once.

This definitely counts 👍

12 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

Michelle Marsh was a regular at Love Street while her husband Will Haining played for us.

Seem to remember some TOWIE non-entity turning up while her man of the time played for St Johnstone.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Michelle Marsh was a regular at Love Street while her husband Will Haining played for us.

Seem to remember some TOWIE non-entity turning up while her man of the time played for St Johnstone.

Michelle Marsh definitely counts.

Also, Helen Skelton and her look as if they could be related.

14 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

Jermaine Pennant's wife was sitting in front of me when he played a trial game for us against Dunfermline a few years back. 

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Jermaine Pennant's wife was sitting in front of me when he played a trial game for us against Dunfermline a few years back. 

Just googled her. Apparently they are no longer together.

As that great philosopher Lloyd Christmas once said: "so you're saying there's a chance"?

On 15/12/2020 at 23:43, Academically Deficient said:

Any old Arabs recall the time that Grace Kelly graced Tannadice? Any photos? Monaco (obviously) were the visitors that day and events were recorded for posterity by Michael Marra.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/lifestyle/entertainment/books/522593/part-4-michael-marra-biography-football/