People who did one noteable thing at your club & nothing else

42 minutes ago, Mitch said:

I watched him play for Bengaluru when I was living out there. He was deemed one of their star players, but was rank rotten.

Came back from India to play for Edinburgh City when we got into the League 

He's a nice guy 

52 minutes ago, velo army said:

Leon Constantine played for us for about two games at the start of the century. Utter baller. Ran the show in a 4-0 (?) demolition of Falkirk at Brockville in one of the last games at the old place (I miss that ground) and then went back to his parent club earlier than expected.

Still remembered very fondly despite only playing two or three games in what was a seminal season (and great team!!) for us (2001-2002).

No recollection of that game (or much of that season thankfully) but we had an entire season at Brockville after that one.

I don't suppose he counts as he did two notable things in his 3 appearances for Hearts and also I'm not a Jambo but I'll mention Eduardas Kurskas.

One of the Lithuanians brought over during the Romanov era the goalkeeper made his suprise debut against Motherwell in a loss. He kept his place in a game at Ibrox where he flapped the ball into the net for Rangers' winner 

Why I mention him is because I was at his last game at Tynecastle against ICT. He didn't cover himself in glory, the Hearts fans were seething at his rotten display in goals and I think he deliberately got himself a red card to cover his embarrassment. It's the only time I've seen fans applaud when one of their own players was sent off. Lee Wallace had to go in goal and conceded a late winner. Kurskas was swiftly returned to Lithuania never to be seen again 

9 hours ago, resk said:

A bit harsh!  Played nearly 200 games and scored nearly 40 goals for us.  A very capable player for the five seasons he spent at Pittodrie.  

Who's the Mason in the red? 🤔

12 hours ago, DrewDon said:

He was technically excellent, a cut above pretty much everyone else at this level, but he did occasionally seem to struggle with the physical demands. He undoubtedly had some terrific games for us, though; I recall a 4-0 win at Rugby Park where he basically ran the show from start to finish. 

The game at Rugby Park was brilliant. Made Kilmarnock look very silly.

Willie McLaren for me.

Cant remember him doing apart from ending his own Saints career. We have a corner, defenders all up so McLaren in the centre circle defending. Corner is cleared towards him. Cant remember now why he tried it, but he literally just blooters the ball as high up in the air as possible, it ends up going towards his own goal, and the opposing striker is 1v1 with the keeper. Time may have fogged that memory though. 

Sanel Jahic scored in our cup winning run, doubt many folk even remember he exists.

Chris Iwelumos only contribution was looking fucking massive and making an Aberdeen fan shit himself. League Cup loss at Tynecastle he went to warm up from the halfway line, when an Aberdeen fan near the corner flag started shouting abuse at him, can only imagine the fear as this monster of a man started trundling towards his general direction, getting bigger with every step.

Not even sure Iwelumo even heard it tbh.

Rory Boulding scoring a last minute winner against Aberdeen to send United into the Holy Grail of a top 6 position on match day 33 during season 2012-13.

20201211_081111.gif.e78e7e0a0dafd7bc83f030ab82648891.gif

Bar a decent season at Livingston, not the most glittering of careers for a striker with goal-less spells at Mansfield, Ilkeston, Hucknall Town, Bradford, Kilmarnock and Falkirk on his CV.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

An argument could be made for Livi's former "football consultant" Hassan Kachloul. Scored a free kick with his first touch in Scottish football against Dunfermline and secured legendary status. Although his assist for Easton's goal that kept us up on the final day is probably a second notable thing.

5 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Rory Boulding scoring a last minute winner against Aberdeen to send United into the Holy Grail of a top 6 position on match day 33 during season 2012-13.

20201211_081111.gif.e78e7e0a0dafd7bc83f030ab82648891.gif

Bar a decent season at Livingston, not the most glittering of careers for a striker with goal-less spells at Mansfield, Ilkeston, Hucknall Town, Bradford Kilmarnock and Falkirk on his CV.

A week later, Derek Mcinnes took over and we never heard of Dundee United again.

Not quite, but basically.

16 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Finished his career playing junior, rocked up at Bo'ness United and broke his foot kicking a wall.  He then ended up at a lower tier junior outfit and his defininng moment there was getting so pished that he wet himself on the team bus.

Where’d he end up after BU/Whose team bus did he drench in urine?

I was going to say Conrad Logan would be the epitome of this, looked like a world beater on his debut against Dundee Utd, saving 3x 1 on 1’s and then 2 penalties in the shootout but does that count as more than one thing?

Instead going to go for two players that played for Hibs, scored against Hearts and did not a thing else

Ricardo Vaz Te - I forget he played for us all the time, but aye, the boy who played with Bolton and West Ham was at Hibs for 6 months, scored against Hearts in a draw at ER, I was at an age when I played football at the weekend so I didn’t pay as much attention to Hibs at that time but of the games I did see him I don’t really recall him doing anything.

image.jpeg.ea2396a8f2cf926dff90a811a07a3561.jpeg

Brian Kerr - Probably a bit more memorable but a lot less noteable by the difference that Vaz Te actually went on to have a decent career, signed from Motherwell, scored 4 minutes into his debut at Tynecastle, it was ultimately the winning goal and we all thought woaft continue as you go on (narrator: “he didn’t continue as he went on”). He was absolutely anonymous in his time with us, never played at the top level again.

image.thumb.jpeg.018fde13f7d7658d24a39ce94782aaef.jpeg

Edited by Les Cabbage

17 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Rory Fallon scored a worldie against Hibs in the semi final at hampden and did nothing else.

His wife also got a job at the p & j, copied other writers articles, changed a few words and passed them off as her own. Easy money.

eta video

Ended up at least 8 rows in front when that went in. Out of nowhere.

17 hours ago, Torpar said:

Glorious day for 13 year old me, I remember my dad, brother and I being offered cash every two seconds for our season tickets on the way to the ground

Ditto - bit older than you but had Celtic fans offering £200 for my ticket. It was a great send off for the last bit of terracing too.