People who did one noteable thing at your club & nothing else

Craig Burley.

Played 2 games and got sent off after 24 mins in one. Threatened to sue if we signed any players after going into Admin. Cock.

What a team and a good attendance we had that day btw....

Dundee: Speroni, Mackay, Wilkie, Mair, McDonald, Brady, Smith, Burley, Novo, Ravanelli (Caballero 79), Linn (Sara 29).
Subs Not Used: Langfield, Carranza, Fotheringham.

Sent Off: Burley (24).

Booked: Linn, Ravanelli, Novo.

Goal: Novo 33.

Hibernian: Andersson, Smith, Doumbe, Murdock, Orman (Whittaker 77), Thomson, Murray, Glass, McManus (Brown 46), O'Connor (Dobbie 69), Riordan.
Subs Not Used: Hyldgaard, Reid.

Goal: Riordan 81.

Attendance: 7,032

_39519863_burleyoff270.jpg

8 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

I can't remember James Maddison doing much for Aberdeen apart from that last minute free kick winner vs The Rangers?🤔

He was technically excellent, a cut above pretty much everyone else at this level, but he did occasionally seem to struggle with the physical demands. He undoubtedly had some terrific games for us, though; I recall a 4-0 win at Rugby Park where he basically ran the show from start to finish. 

47 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

I can't remember James Maddison doing much for Aberdeen 🤔

The same could be said for Sean Longstaff when on loan at Killie, he certainly never showed anything like the form at Newcastle that got him linked with Man Utd last year.

Before seeing the previous two John Stewart posts from supporters of other clubs, I was thinking of 'John Stewart' as the stand-out St. Johnstone candidate. Scored an absolute screamer of a scissor kick against Dundee, showing an athletic ability which he didn't seem remotely capable of before or after this bizarre incident.

IMG_1607635371.049476.jpg

52 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Before seeing the previous two John Stewart posts from supporters of other clubs, I was thinking of 'John Stewart' as the stand-out St. Johnstone candidate. Scored an absolute screamer of a scissor kick against Dundee, showing an athletic ability which he didn't seem remotely capable of before or after this bizarre incident.

Just thought I should mention, John Stewart was 22 years old at the time of this photo being taken. Twenty-two.

3 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

In more recent years for Motherwell:

Craig Reid signed for us in March after leaving Morton in January for expenses and bonuses and looked every inch the lower league journeyman, but somehow earned himself a two-year deal on proper wages with this sclaff that earned us second place. 

Kallum Higginbotham signed for us on loan in January ‘13 and was rather unlucky that the second coming of Faddy came just as he was settling in. The only thing of note he did was this sublime overhead kick. He ended up back the following season playing against us for Partick and after scoring twice to put them 3-2 up, he ran down the length of the east stand giving it the 🤫 was great to see the egg on his face when McManus made it 4-3 late on 😂

I always found the Higginbotham stuff really funny as it seemed like the beef/aggro was entirely one sided from him towards us. I never really heard anyone talk about in terms of anything other than vague indifference until he was haring his way down the East Stand side giving it laldy. :lol: fair play to him.

Leon Constantine played for us for about two games at the start of the century. Utter baller. Ran the show in a 4-0 (?) demolition of Falkirk at Brockville in one of the last games at the old place (I miss that ground) and then went back to his parent club earlier than expected.

Still remembered very fondly despite only playing two or three games in what was a seminal season (and great team!!) for us (2001-2002).

2 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Just thought I should mention, John Stewart was 22 years old at the time of this photo being taken. Twenty-two.

If he was African there'd folk calling for his bone marrow to be tested.

Middlesbrough loanee Josh Walker opened the scoring against Bayern Munich at Pittodrie in the first leg of our UEFA Cup Round of 32 tie in 2008, which was one of his thirteen appearances in all competitions for us. It's probably about the loudest I've heard Pittodrie after a goal since I started going at around the beginning of the century. According to Wikipedia, he is now plying his trade as joint player and assistant manager at Tranent Juniors. 

I watched him play for Bengaluru when I was living out there. He was deemed one of their star players, but was rank rotten.