Soup

9 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

i used to like Baxters Scotch Broth, recently though, it just doesn't taste the same.

ShbNUG9.jpg

Carlaw quite rightfully laughing at the state of Boris there.

Take BoJo away and you have the cover for a new Runrig album.

Aldi tinned soups are just as good as the brand names.  

Homemade soups that I make are tattie soup ( with mince) and chicken soup, sometimes onion soup.

Edited by bennett

Cream of red pepper and sweet potato for me. 

I'd say that out of all of Jurassic 5, Soup has produced the best solo material. 

There was a graffiti artist (not really, a tagging only ned i think) in my old neighbourhood called Soup. He had a pal called Sneak and their tags were almost always found together, which was quite sweet in a way. 

44 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

i used to like Baxters Scotch Broth, recently though, it just doesn't taste the same.

ShbNUG9.jpg

Quite right, Baxters is shite.

Home made soup > fresh soup > canned soup

Canned soup is bogging.

Usually do a big pot of soup on a Sunday night for the week ahead. This week's effort is Ham Hough, with neeps, carrots, tatties and red lentil.

Home made Scotch Broth takes some beating at this time of the year (Strangely, I used to hate it).

Oh the days when I was a student and used to make Borsch.  6 gallons for £6.  6 pounds of beetroot, 3 pounds of onions, 2 pounds of carrots, 1 pound of spinach, a jar of marmite and lots of water.  Tough luck if you wanted something else!

Willing to try other soup nowadays though.

I like making leek and potato, with unfeasibly high leek-to-potato ratio. Also, making soup is nearly cheating nowadays due to the ready availability of excellent vegetable stock - particularly Marigold Bouillon.

Our boys used to go to Saturday morning football training, where I helped with the coaching. I can't offhand think of anything better than cycling back from a cold session in the park, to find that homemade soup has appeared in the interim. Mouth's watering just thinking about it.

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

cream of mushroom

An excellent soup that I have recently come to love. A good autumn soup.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Cullen Skink though. Ooft.

Another excellent soup, I need to teach myself how to make this.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Blended or chunky?

Blended 9/10 times. Nice and smooth and not water. Exceptions given to some soups like Cullen Skink where you want those chunks of fash.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Mrs Johnnydun does a fantastic Carrot and Coriander and a superb Stilton and Broccoli soup.

You're a lucky man johnnydun. 

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I had some lentil soup with tiger bread today. The perfect lunch.

I picked up a giant loaf of tiger bread on Monday that had been reduced to 10p.

Had a thick slice of it for breakfast this morning and it was still all soft and fluffy under that thick crust.

giphy.gif&key=588f971ced7f400d7cac303a17

#winning  #officialbargain  #toast

As my username would suggest I am quite fond of soup, I make it from scratch quite a lot.  My personal favourite is Bouillabaise but I am also a huge fan of butternut squash soup.  I usually make it with a lot more garlic than ginger but it's to each's preference.  I also make a good Lentil and Bean soup with carrots, onions, and garlic, really healthy and a really filling lunch.  

For my hommeade soup, the only corner cutting I do is I often use broth from a carton.  When I make my own broth/stock it tends to be a bit bland.