QP V Edinburgh City

First half was by far the worst we've played all season so it was good to see the manager take decisive action by replacing  two players who were having zero impact on the day. Sign of strong management to hook yer captain after 45 minutes imo. Galt was great at Cowdenbeath and will always work hard for the team when he isn't being creative but it just didn't happen for him on Saturday. Longridge took his opportunity( as did McLean) and was our MOTM by a mile. Whoever decided the candidates for that twitter poll needs to put the hip flask away.  I don't care how long he was on the pitch for.

I know Grant was at fault with his misplaced pass for their first but City still had a fair bit of work to do before it ended up in our pokey. Some strike by the lad as well. Their third goal showed how much we miss Grant when he's not there, that's the type of situation he usually mops up, either in the air or getting a block in. Fingers crossed it's not so bad but he looked miserable as he trudged off .

At half time I would have taken a point given how poor we were but by the end I was disappointed given the quality we showed to turn it around.  I was impressed with Edinburgh's tactics. First team to really come at us from the start. Not surprising, they are a good side who want promotion as much as we do.  They should be gutted they were only one goal ahead at the break as I can't see us being that poor again at Hampden.  

The list for MoM is determined at 70 minutes to allow for all those who want to vote to do so and that makes it difficult for a sub to be included.

Bold move to make two changes at half time and it worked. City had a right good go; we'll have better days 

I struggle a bit to understand tactics and formation at the best of times, so it's defo tough on the laptop while I'm trying to keep an eye on kids an that. I was pretty surprised to see how we set up on Saturday though - it felt like 4-2-4, is that right? Felt to me that we could have done with an extra midfielder to try and control the game and get us higher up the pitch to create chances and link play rather than all out attack from the off? Murray wide left probably a better for match fitness than for influencing the game. Brilliant we've got the squad to be able to change things and take advantage of the subs rules - we needed to mix it up on Saturday! 

16 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

I struggle a bit to understand tactics and formation at the best of times, so it's defo tough on the laptop while I'm trying to keep an eye on kids an that. I was pretty surprised to see how we set up on Saturday though - it felt like 4-2-4, is that right? Felt to me that we could have done with an extra midfielder to try and control the game and get us higher up the pitch to create chances and link play rather than all out attack from the off? Murray wide left probably a better for match fitness than for influencing the game. Brilliant we've got the squad to be able to change things and take advantage of the subs rules - we needed to mix it up on Saturday! 

Yes, in the first half at least I felt we conceded the midfield by playing Carrol and Gillespie together trying to link up with the forward line using the diagonal ball. Edinburgh also pressed high and prevented our fullbacks get forward and make up for a big gap in our midfield. I think the change worked well, although I'm keen to see Slater start.

Hoping that Grant's ok. He's important for us, but he does look like he's been carrying an injury all season, and before. 

6 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The list for MoM is determined at 70 minutes to allow for all those who want to vote to do so and that makes it difficult for a sub to be included.

Not when the sub comes on at half time and changes the game for us. As for the times, I think 80 minutes might be better. That's plenty of time for twitter to do its magic (believe me)