Dumbarton vs Cove Rangers

9 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I think I speak for everyone reading this where I say that I hope we get you on co-comms when you're next up (and allowed in). I'm fascinated to hear that east coast English accent.

There would be far too much swearing and biased Sons views for me to be allowed anywhere near it!

10 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I think I speak for everyone reading this where I say that I hope we get you on co-comms when you're next up (and allowed in). I'm fascinated to hear that east coast English accent.

image.png.6e7870f6fb142fe3ef9a2ccb557baf79.png

That’s the first time I’ve seen a home game on stream. Thought service was excellent and commentary really good too. 
well done to those involved 
Likewise, although I'd renewed my season ticket and registered for the stream prior to the postponed Clyde match, yesterday was my first time using the service. I thought it was excellent and the commentary/analysis was informative, amusing and unobtrusive. Well done to all involved. [emoji106]

P.S. I don't know if it's been discussed elsewhere but are there plans to retain the Google Form approach to voting for MotM once we return to normal attendance? Very easy to do and seems to produce a "fair" assessment of individual performance. Perhaps even publish the top three performers each game based on the fan input?[emoji848]

4 points from those 3 games are pleasing. I wasn't expecting much from the games. I look at these games as bonus points. Our position in the league is above where I would have expected us to be at this point.

Big Nat is a class act. Similar job to Kamara does at Rangers for our level. Doesnt waste alot of possession. Dabrovski is a match winner. Above all else we're pretty handsome

15 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Please see above.

It’s not about happy clapping, but results are the main measure of how a club is doing. Analysis is fine but I must admit, when the provider of an inch perfect set piece and the resultant scorer of the winning goal, quickly became targets of your criticism, I was left rather puzzled. Wedderburn has been amazing since he came in and I was delighted to see him score a rare goal. Forbes is slow but he is first choice for a dead ball and he can cross a ball. 

Imperfection will never be eliminated at this level. 

That’s four points from six from teams above us and I hope that this will provide some context in the recent criticism of Duffy and Smith. All clubs are struggling through this pandemic but when you think about how DFC is performing within the context of the clip I posted recently from the club’s 2019 accounts, there are additional pressures on Dumbarton when compared with Cove, Partick Thistle and Falkirk. I think we,re fortunate to have our management team. 

it was very much the tactics that got us those four points. 

I see we’re above Airdrie now. That doesn’t necessarily mean that Duffy is a better manager than Ian Murray but it does prove that we have had better results. 

It’s not about happy clapping, but results are the main measure of how a club is doing. Analysis is fine but I must admit, when the provider of an inch perfect set piece and the resultant scorer of the winning goal, quickly became targets of your criticism, I was left rather puzzled. Wedderburn has been amazing since he came in and I was delighted to see him score a rare goal. Forbes is slow but he is first choice for a dead ball and he can cross a ball. 

That’s four points from six from teams above us and I hope that this will provide some context in the recent criticism of Duffy and Smith. All clubs are struggling through this pandemic but when you think about how DFC is performing within the context of the clip I posted recently from the club’s 2019 accounts, there are additional pressures on Dumbarton when compared with Cove, Partick Thistle and Falkirk. I think we,re fortunate to have our management team. 
I see we’re above Airdrie now. That doesn’t necessarily mean that Duffy is a better manager than Ian Murray but it does prove that we have had better results. 
Happy to give you the final word Wilf, but just to say that I don't think I've criticised Nat Wedderburn. What I did say was that I'd rather he and Ross Forbes weren't in the same eleven; that's quite a different thing.

4 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
8 hours ago, Howlin said:

Happy to give you the final word Wilf, but just to say that I don't think I've criticised Nat Wedderburn. What I did say was that I'd rather he and Ross Forbes weren't in the same eleven; that's quite a different thing.

Had they not been in the same eleven yesterday, then we would have been deprived of a goal that won the match for us.