Dumbarton vs Cove Rangers

Thoughts so far:

We look far better playing through the midfield rather than launching long balls. We actually look capable of creating things. Unfortunately the final ball just isnt there so we're not offering enough of a goal threat.

Cove are playing well enough. Defending well. Good battle in midfield. They've had more and better chances and a proper striker would have put them ahead.

Dabrowski doing well to keep things level.

Fyvie should have been booked for that challenge. No way he was getting the ball and went through the back of the Sons player.

We've been a bit better to watch today. We might not win this but at least we look like we could have a go.

12 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Thoughts so far:

We look far better playing through the midfield rather than launching long balls. We actually look capable of creating things. Unfortunately the final ball just isnt there so we're not offering enough of a goal threat.

Cove are playing well enough. Defending well. Good battle in midfield. They've had more and better chances and a proper striker would have put them ahead.

Dabrowski doing well to keep things level.

Fyvie should have been booked for that challenge. No way he was getting the ball and went through the back of the Sons player.

We've been a bit better to watch today. We might not win this but at least we look like we could have a go.

Fyvie makes some petulant fouls. Was a tad lucky there. Another challenge like they and he'll get a yellow

It’s been a much improved performance and in general it has been a good, even game. Cove had a few good chances and big Schmeical has kept us in it but Wilson had the chance of the half and I can’t believe he never scored. 

We look so much better when we get the ball down and try to play. Frizzell and especially Wilson are causing Cove problems, unfortunately Church and Hamilton have looked off the pace. I’d like to see Crossan come on for one of them fairly soonish.

The game is there for the taking, we just need a slice of luck and wee bit more quality in the final third. 

Why the hell is that coathanger hanging from stand? 

Both teams will feel they should've scored, Wilson causing problems for Cove at the back but he really should take that chance. Big Kev bailed us out with two great saves so going in level is probably fair enough. Turning into quite a physical game but I'd like to see us get the ball down through Wedderburn and get Frizzell and Wilson linking up. Forbes delivery has been absolutely honking so far.

Points there for the taking for either side.

Goalless first half and the worst first half I've seen us play in a while. Toothless going forward with no recognised striker.

A few players really struggle to get into the game and a few who don't deserve there place. Never thought I'd say this but bring on Jordan Brown!

Dumbarton commentators are really easy to listen too. Best I've heard so far in the COVID era.

Wilson and Wedderburn look handy for the Sons

Edited by CoveRangers1922

It’s been a much improved performance and in general it has been a good, even game. Cove had a few good chances and big Schmeical has kept us in it but Wilson had the chance of the half and I can’t believe he never scored. 
We look so much better when we get the ball down and try to play. Frizzell and especially Wilson are causing Cove problems, unfortunately Church and Hamilton have looked off the pace. I’d like to see Crossan come on for one of them fairly soonish.
The game is there for the taking, we just need a slice of luck and wee bit more quality in the final third. 
Why the hell is that coathanger hanging from stand? 

Haha I thought the same thing about the cost hanger [emoji23]

Much better performance so far than recent games.

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Time to get McIntosh and Scully off and Broque Watson,who has been a spectator and get Semple, Seb and Brown on.

Neither or those 3 on the bench are worth their shirt but at least change it up a bit. We look truly awful

Missing your 2 strikers big time.