Dumbarton vs Cove Rangers

I thought Forbes was decent today. I admit  his first 2 free kicks from half way in first half were rotten but I thought he was ok in holding role. Nat worthy of mom although keeper must have been inrunning. 
I expect a wee bit more from Hamilton
We've been carrying Forbes for weeks and whilst his delivery for the goal was a peach we can't get by with the very occasional flash when the rest of the game is largely passing him by. Add to this Wedderburn is similarly paced, but he does much more in possession; IMO we can't afford to have them both in the team.

14 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
50 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:
I thought Forbes was decent today. I admit  his first 2 free kicks from half way in first half were rotten but I thought he was ok in holding role. Nat worthy of mom although keeper must have been inrunning. 
I expect a wee bit more from Hamilton

We've been carrying Forbes for weeks and whilst his delivery for the goal was a peach we can't get by with the very occasional flash when the rest of the game is largely passing him by. Add to this Wedderburn is similarly paced, but he does much more in possession; IMO we can't afford to have them both in the team.

Do you always look for the negative even when we win?

Both played today & we won. 

Enjoy the 3 points 

22 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

That’s the first time I’ve seen a home game on stream. Thought service was excellent and commentary really good too. 
well done to those involved 

Cheers Cedrick, glad you enjoyed the commentary - and we didn't ramble on too much, especially at half-time!

I think you had to look at things and take them at face value. A lot of criticism still coming when if you take a step back we have taken 4 points from 3 games vs Falkirk, Partick and Cove. Given we had a few bodies missing for the first one and with each game more players I don't think it is coincidental we have improved with each game. In addition, I think we have played the hardest team first and each week the opposition got slightly easier to play against.

If we had been offered 4 points from the 3 before the Falkirk game (even more so after the Falkirk result)  the majority would have happily accepted.

The squad isn't brilliant and we know it is short of quality in areas. It is very evident that a few injuries really stretched things over the last few weeks and we struggled a lot when we had a few out. But overall, I feel we have a capable squad and given there isn't much between the majority of the sides in the league we have as much chance as about 6 or 7 other teams of challenging for top 4, behind Falkirk and Partick.

11 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

You're far too kind 🤣

I can’t emphasise enough how much I enjoy the commentary. It’s absolutely night and day compared to anything else I’ve heard this season. It’s really professional, really well researched, and to my mind not too myopically Sons slanted. Yourself and Chris(?) are doing really great work.

15 minutes ago, GordyBrow said:

I can’t emphasise enough how much I enjoy the commentary. It’s absolutely night and day compared to anything else I’ve heard this season. It’s really professional, really well researched, and to my mind not too myopically Sons slanted. Yourself and Chris(?) are doing really great work.

Thanks a lot. I've sent that on to Chris, it really does mean a lot. Neither of us had ever commentated together until this season - and I'd never commentated at all - so I'm glad people are enjoying it.

1 minute ago, FifeSons said:

Jan's got a lovely commentary voice. Could listen to it all day.

Oh you 😘 I've never thought I have a particularly good voice for it, so I'm slightly humbled. Shucks.

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

Oh you 😘 I've never thought I have a particularly good voice for it, so I'm slightly humbled. Shucks.

I reckon 99% of people hate the sound of their own voice. I’d genuinely dread to hear what my East Coast accent sounds like after the best part of a decade in Engerland.

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

Do you always look for the negative even when we win?  Certainly not, but I believe in a balanced view; praise when it's due but also honest criticism when it's merited.  I want the best for Sons at all times, but I freely admit I'll never be a happy clapper for whom the result justifies everything.

Both played today & we won.   One played very well indeed, and the other for about five minutes total - again.  That was my point.

Enjoy the 3 points  Thank you, I sure will.

Please see above.

8 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I reckon 99% of people hate the sound of their own voice. I’d genuinely dread to hear what my East Coast accent sounds like after the best part of a decade in Engerland.

I think I speak for everyone reading this where I say that I hope we get you on co-comms when you're next up (and allowed in). I'm fascinated to hear that east coast English accent.