Moldova Away

V.Aye.R

I quite fancy Moldova but I'd imagine it'll be a fairly small allocation that's accessible and cheap so am a bit reluctant to book up now. There's a good chance that there won't be a single zero-point away game after every one being zero points for years. 

Bear in mind a visa will be necessary for entry, which entails sending your passport to the Moldovan Embassy in Brussels, as there is no Moldovan Embassy in the UK.

I presume this is a post Brexit requirement as I don’t think that’s needed at present?

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I presume this is a post Brexit requirement as I don’t think that’s needed at present?

EDIT: Apologies - a visa is no longer required for entry to Moldova by UK citizens.

It was a requirement for the previous game in Moldova.

Edited by Barney Rubble

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

I quite fancy Moldova but I'd imagine it'll be a fairly small allocation that's accessible and cheap so am a bit reluctant to book up now. There's a good chance that there won't be a single zero-point away game after every one being zero points for years. 

Ireland got 1316 tickets for Moldova. 

Obviously it's not as far a trip as Kazakhstan and you don't have the visa ballache of Russia but those were both similar allocations that went to 0 pointers. It should get close to zero I'd imagine, especially with Denmark and Austria being the obvious choice for those who pick and choose.

Cheaper to fly to Moldova than it is to Torshavn at the minute.

[mention=2605]roman_bairn[/mention] you seem to be relatively local, is it best to fly to Bucharest and get the train up, or is flying to Chisinau the sensible option, assuming we can do that?

I spend a fair bit of time in Bucharest but actually live in Scotland and I’ve never been to Moldova although it’ll be very similar to Romania.
Trains are slow so I’d fly although if I had time on my hands I’d fly to Bucharest, drive the three hours and spend a day or so in Constanta then drive the six hours to Chisinau.
However given that it’s mid November and likely to be snowing....maybe not..[emoji16]

Looking to go to this with a couple of mates, we’ve all just signed up for the ssc and will be going to all home games possible beforehand to try and get tickets, would only a couple points be enough for us to get a ticket? Not wanting to book flights n accommodation etc without knowing we’d be able to get a ticket for the game

Looking to go to this with a couple of mates, we’ve all just signed up for the ssc and will be going to all home games possible beforehand to try and get tickets, would only a couple points be enough for us to get a ticket?

Without knowing how many tickets we'd get I'd hope a couple points would do the trick. Can't imagine massive numbers going across, depending on how the campaign is going by that point.

For the more adventurous I'm having a look at flight to Romania then sleeper train to Chisinau - more here: https://www.seat61.com/Moldova.htm