Stirling Albion v Cowdenbeath

7 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

No that was Hitler

Clubs actually had to formally decide at start of season and advise the SPFL if they would employ a multiball system or not.  CFC went for multiball and I assume Stirling didn't. 

I bow to your knowledge, on talking balls. Would you say the multi ball system is working in your favour. at Central Park.  Perhaps snooker would be a better option for BB.

I revise my prediction for next week a draw.

Good win in the end for us but it was a struggle at times. Thanks to a Declan Byrne goal in the 2nd half we move up to 3rd spot on 15 points with Elgin.
Need to improve if we want to take anything from Edinburgh City away next week but you never know.

Thought the win was deserved and i thought we had enough chances to win the game by 2 or 3, but as it turned out, like other posters have said above, as the game wore on I started to think it was going to end up 0-0.

Byrne took his goal well, all too often at this level you see players having these types of chances but having too long on the ball to make the right decision and squandering it, thankfully that wasn’t the case yesterday and he deserves a lot of credit for his finish.

As is the case under KR we didn’t give much away and Cowdenbeath really didn’t have much to give, they do look poor and in Renton they seem to have a Striker that’s a shadow of the player he was before joining Alloa. I did wonder how much of a miss Cox was for them, as going forward they seemed to lack his directness and maybe at times his aggression.

We just seem to be going about our business, picking up the points whilst not giving much away and hopefully that consistency will continue. It might not always be the most entertaining but it has been effective so far.

26 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Thought the win was deserved and i thought we had enough chances to win the game by 2 or 3, but as it turned out, like other posters have said above, as the game wore on I started to think it was going to end up 0-0.

Byrne took his goal well, all too often at this level you see players having these types of chances but having too long on the ball to make the right decision and squandering it, thankfully that wasn’t the case yesterday and he deserves a lot of credit for his finish.

As is the case under KR we didn’t give much away and Cowdenbeath really didn’t have much to give, they do look poor and in Renton they seem to have a Striker that’s a shadow of the player he was before joining Alloa. I did wonder how much of a miss Cox was for them, as going forward they seemed to lack his directness and maybe at times his aggression.

We just seem to be going about our business, picking up the points whilst not giving much away and hopefully that consistency will continue. It might not always be the most entertaining but it has been effective so far.

Even without QP in the league we don't look good enough to win anything, but we're certainly good enough to stay in the play off race, and if it gets down to a four game shoot out, who knows.

14 hours ago, rhliston said:

Good win in the end for us but it was a struggle at times. Thanks to a Declan Byrne goal in the 2nd half we move up to 3rd spot on 15 points with Elgin.
Need to improve if we want to take anything from Edinburgh City away next week but you never know.

Wouldn’t worry about it. We beat them playing with ten men for most of the game. 

There wasn't too much in the game yesterday and like most of the other posters here I thought it was headed for a 0-0. We probably had the better chances, but it was Cowden's defensive mix-up on the halfway line that presented Byrne with his chance, which I thought he took really well. Showed great composure.

I thought Munro was really decent in goal for Cowden yesterday. Sharp off his line numerous times and his save from Andy Ryan's point blank header was excellent.

10 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Seems to be a lack of quality from middle to front for Cowden. Not so sure it’s all because Cox isn’t there.

The best 2 footballing players from last season, Thomas and Allan both went up to league 1 and I would say that’s a bigger issue than Cox. 

1 hour ago, big al said:

Seems to be a lack of quality from middle to front for Cowden. Not so sure it’s all because Cox isn’t there.

The best 2 footballing players from last season, Thomas and Allan both went up to league 1 and I would say that’s a bigger issue than Cox. 

We need two midfielders and two forwards and a left back. Easy.

( and hope Brechin don’t improve)

9 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Wouldn’t worry about it. We beat them playing with ten men for most of the game. 

As someone watching that game via stepladder (it's the new fan accessory you know) City should actually have beaten you comfortably that day but Cowden defence were solid and your keeper played a blinder

We're in serious trouble this season because we have absolutely zero creativity in the team.  Swann and Taylor the only 2 players who have the ability to get passed players but there's just nothing up top.  

I can't see us scoring from open play anytime soon which is a very depressing situation!

22 hours ago, big al said:

We had a goal threat with Brad Smith in the team, he played and scored in the games where we collected points,  that’s now gone which suggests to me we need an attacking midfielder.