Jump to content

Stirling Albion v Cowdenbeath


Recommended Posts

Massive game as we have Edinburgh away next week and need to keep pushing at the top.  QP playing Edinburgh gives us a chance to move up. 

Cowden are not doing so well this season but are known to be tricky at times.

3-1 for the Binos.  But we are drawing a few too many.  

With the budget and money spent on analysis and players we should be top 2.  

 

Edited by Mountain Goat Stirling A
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mountain Goat Stirling A said:

Massive game as we have Edinburgh away next week and need to keep pushing at the top.  QP playing Edinburgh gives us a chance to move up. 

Cowden are not doing so well this season but are known to be tricky at times.

3-1 for the Binos.  But we are drawing a few too many.  

With the budget and money spent on analysis and players we should be top 2.  

 

Had some decent results against Stirling in recent times but we’ll need a big improvement to get anything or even score sadly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Live streaming and Match day programmes of Stirling Albion v Cowdenbeath are available for this Saturday.

Season ticket holders receive a code that entitles free or discounted access.

Non season ticket holders - £10

The stream starts at 2.45pm.

We encourage early log in to avoid disappointment at peak times.

You'll receive an email from us with a clickable link that will take you to the stream.

Register using the link below:

Stirling Albion v Cowdenbeath

Match day programmes are also available via the club online shop:

StirlingAlbion v Cowdenbeath match day programme

Please consider donating to our local charity - Start Up Stirling by ordering a Virtual Pie n Bovril

Virtual Pie n Bovril

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Massive game as we have Edinburgh away next week and need to keep pushing at the top.  QP playing Edinburgh gives us a chance to move up. 
Cowden are not doing so well this season but are known to be tricky at times.
3-1 for the Binos.  But we are drawing a few too many.  
With the budget and money spent on analysis and players we should be top 2.  
 


Don’t know if we should be top 2, clearly this is a game we should be winning on paper but you never know. After the draw last week at Stranraer we must make sure that we win games like this or else we could end up in mid table again. Queens should win the League, so that leaves the playoffs to aim for but it will be difficult with the likes of Elgin, Edinburgh City, Stranraer and hopefully ourselves fighting it out for the 3 places.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just can't see us scoring goals if they aren't from a set piece.  Are Stirling solid defensively?  

Based on the game up in Elgin we're playing well and then a defensive mistake means we're behind and no chance of coming back!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are Stirling solid defensively?  


It’s pretty much what KR has built the side on, being hard to break down. From memory, I can think of 5 goals being conceded so far this season, doubt there would be many teams in Scotland with much lower.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow, Cowdenbeath obviously sit outside the Play Off spot so it’s one of those ones where we need to take the 3 points to start to cement our place within there.

Cowdenbeath alway have the ability to turn teams over at this level and from a personal perspective it’ll be interesting to see how Iain Russell gets on, you just assume that he had retired from playing, but there is no doubt if he still has it, he’ll link up well with Renton upfront.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BB_Bino said:

 


It’s pretty much what KR has built the side on, being hard to break down. From memory, I can think of 5 goals being conceded so far this season, doubt there would be many teams in Scotland with much lower.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow, Cowdenbeath obviously sit outside the Play Off spot so it’s one of those ones where we need to take the 3 points to start to cement our place within there.

Cowdenbeath alway have the ability to turn teams over at this level and from a personal perspective it’ll be interesting to see how Iain Russell gets on, you just assume that he had retired from playing, but there is no doubt if he still has it, he’ll link up well with Renton upfront.
 

 

No offence, but you clearly haven’t seen Cowden this season.

Seems to be a bit of a divide forming this season, with the 3 smallest supported sides at the botttom. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No offence, but you clearly haven’t seen Cowden this season.


No offence taken and I’ve got to be honest and say I haven’t, I’ve actually been struggling to follow or get excited about football since the whole covid pandemic hit the country, and haven’t even been following many, if any, of other teams threads on here.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

 


No offence taken and I’ve got to be honest and say I haven’t, I’ve actually been struggling to follow or get excited about football since the whole covid pandemic hit the country, and haven’t even been following many, if any, of other teams threads on here.

 

Yes, it’s not the same when you can’t attend games. It’s a tough watch on tv. 
I reckon the Scotland game that went to pens is about the only game that caught my imagination since this season began, and I’m not someone who would go to a Scotland game.

Edited by big al
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, big al said:

Yes, it’s not the same when you can’t attend games. It’s a tough watch on tv. 
I reckon the Scotland game that went to pens is about the only game that caught my imagination since this season began, and I’m not someone who would go to a Scotland game.

What we're looking at today is a tougher watch than usual.  It's certainly living down to expectations. This  has 0-0 written all over it unless there's a penalty, own goal or defensive howler. Happy to be wrong if the Albion win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our form and run of results are starting to become a real concern especially taking into account Albions excellent result against Elgin. 

We should we performing a lot better than this and are beginning to be cut adrift and dragged into the wrong end of the table.  Our goal threat is disappointing this season. 

Good performance from the goalkeeper on loan today and game close today and unlucky not to take something from the game but with no goal threat we are going to  struggle for 3 points. 

Not easy though with the difficult unprecedented circumstances clubs find themselves in this season

Big game against Brechin next week

 

 

 

Edited by Cowden316
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Renton was finished 60 minutes in fitness wise, their is a real lack of belief in our attacking play, our only hope is a goal from a set piece at the moment, i guess our team will be better judged when we play Brechin, surely we will get more chances, Stirling have a better team than us on paper, they didnt have to play well to win against us, thats the worrying part

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whilst I thought Stiirling were slightly the better side, there wasn't much in it and Cowden had a couple of decent chances to take a point. 

Has to be considered a very good day for the Binos as the only team near the top of the league to take 3 points. The defence looks solid enough, would just like to see a wee bit more composure going forward - a few too many aimless cross balls and punts forward when the player in possession had time to pick a pass. 

For Cowden, it must be a worry how the goal came from such a simple ball forward- there were a couple of other occasions where the defence was caught out by a simple ball over the top - Andy Ryan's chance near the end being one example.

Once again, thanks to all involved in the broadcast. An excellent service and well worth it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Coverage excellent, the best I’ve seen so far. Commentary a bit meh though.

Said weeks ago we wouldn’t win a game before Christmas, haven’t seen anything to change my mind.

Did Stirling only have one ball?

How many would you like to play with? Would more balls increase your chances of scoring?

As others have said before, little between top and bottom of Div 2. I thought  game was heading for a 0-0.

Against Brechin, Cowdenbeath have nothing to fear.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...