Your Honor

YER SISTERS YER MAW

• 3 weeks later...

We’ve binged it the last few days, thought it was excellent. Tension throughout and plenty of twists without being wildly implausible considering the people involved.

Bryan Cranston is, by some distance, the best actor working today. Phenomenal in almost every role he plays.

On 08/03/2021 at 07:44, Dons_1988 said:

Not read the thread for fear of spoilers.

Watched 3 episodes of this and have a strong suspicion it's pish. Is it worth ploughing on with?

I watched the whole series, as my wife thought it was brilliant and on a recommendation from our son who loves Cranston’s acting.  I was so glad when it ended and absolutely delighted with the ending. Full of stupidity (e.g. calling the detective and lawyer) implausibility/extreme coincidences (e.g. the son hooking that hot teacher, the son pairing up with the gangster’s daughter, the judge having done the case relating to the family house of the car ‘thief’), apparent clues (e.g. black car, bloody rag, wife’s photos) that went essentially nowhere. For me this IMDB review sums it up perfectly, However on approaching 23000 reviews there, it’s scoring a very watchable 7.8, so ignore me! She’ll be watching any series 2 on her own!

E75C19C8-2C7E-4131-8419-A8527A46FE12.jpeg

Got to say I did not enjoy that at all, finished on sufferance. Could have been a 4 or 5 parter, too much filler. Cranston was decent in it although the casting of the moonface daughter of Baxter was perfect, I had to check if it was his real child or not

3/10 pish

What was the point in mentioning the affair?

I think to give her a reason for being down in the shithole end of town when she was killed!!!
Seriously found watching this to be a chore, well acted, well shot etc, etc but my God, it was so dreary!!!
I think not having a single likeable or relatable character really went against it, you could argue Kofi but he was’t in it long enough. Not having anybody to “root” for put you in a position where you did not give two fucks for any single character in this thing, which really detracts from the viewing experience, in fact if the son had organised a coach trip for every other single character and then drove that bus off a cliff, the only end result would be that New Orleans would be a slightly nicer and probably safer place!!!
And obviously the single most aggravating, annoying and despicable character was that boot of a mother in law which was pretty strange considering all the bent cops and murderous gang members there was!!!

On 08/03/2021 at 07:44, Dons_1988 said:

Not read the thread for fear of spoilers.

Watched 3 episodes of this and have a strong suspicion it's pish. Is it worth ploughing on with?

Ended up ploughing on with it and...yeah, shite.

I found myself wanting to know what happened I suppose but, I did not enjoy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Was tempted to chuck it after the first episode as there was some really grating decision making from supposedly intelligent people going on. As mentioned the son was a complete non entity in every sense of the word. It's unbelievabilty factor continued throughout and I continued to see how bad it got. I wasn't disappointed, well I was. I suppose they could drag out a  second series but I wont be watching it.