Inverness CT vs. Dundee

12 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Right, you chain smoking inbred hillbillies - is your pixillot stream really that bad? 

I'm unsure whether to purchase this or Anthony Joshua's title defence. Make my mind up, sell it to me you John Deere dwellers. 

It's infinitely better now it's under manual control but the image quality itself is still pretty meh especially when you see the full 1080p HD quality from the cameras on the A9 side doing the highlights. The only reason I will be watching is because I have a ST. If I didn't I would be swaying on whether or not to bother given the problems we've had so far.

So honestly I would say no don't bother and save the money for AJ.

Finding it really hard to find highlights of recent Dundee games - seems to be a lack of highlights on YouTube and the SPFL Match Centre (which promised highlights and full match reruns) hasn't been updated for weeks.

Can anyone advise as to how Dundee have been lining up formation-wise? I assume they've gone back to a back 4 with Byrne and Adam in centre mid. Is it 2 up front or 4-2-3-1? Transfermarkt has McGowan as playing wide right against Arbroath which surprised me.

9 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Have any of the answers so far been 'Hull City'? 

No, but we were told that Aston Villa played against Ayr in the first ever game at Somerset Park in the 1900s. It’s that sort of content that makes the £10 feel like money well spent.

23 minutes ago, Narey's Toepoker said:

Finding it really hard to find highlights of recent Dundee games - seems to be a lack of highlights on YouTube and the SPFL Match Centre (which promised highlights and full match reruns) hasn't been updated for weeks.

Can anyone advise as to how Dundee have been lining up formation-wise? I assume they've gone back to a back 4 with Byrne and Adam in centre mid. Is it 2 up front or 4-2-3-1? Transfermarkt has McGowan as playing wide right against Arbroath which surprised me.

It starts off as a 4-2-3-1. Adam and Byrne deep. Jakubiak on left, Anderson through middle and Gowser on the right. Mullen up top.

Gowser has played as a wide midfielder a fair few times under McPake. The idea is usually some weird diamond to force central midfielders on the pitch and we usually fall to shit with the whole defensive shape out of possession (think back to the game at Inverness last season).

Last week, that attacking 3 all roamed around quite a lot side to side with Jakubiak and Gowser getting inside and Anderson taking periods coming off the flank. Our full backs were also fairly high to support those three to let them move inside. We played some nice stuff in possession (Gowser was at his best and had a couple of brilliant through balls that should have been converted in addition to his goal) but there were a couple of moments in the first half where Arbroath nearly punished us on the flanks with the space we gave them.

Have a feeling tomorrow will go badly wrong for McPake, there's been a couple of improved performances but think Robertson will have a field day if we're setting up with the same defensive shape. Either 3-0 Dundee or 3-0 Inverness.

PPV instructions available here for anyone who needs them:

https://ictfc.com/spfl-match-centre-instructions-ictfc-dundee-fc

Worth getting logged into the SPFL site relatively early (I cannot underestimate how absolutely shite it is to navigate) and the video stream normally kicks in around 5 to 10 minutes before KO based on the last few home games.

These are the people you need to contact if (when?) something goes wrong - lucarossi@spfl.co.uk and spflsupport@streamamg.com

3 hours ago, harry94 said:

Have a feeling tomorrow will go badly wrong for McPake

Well I for one think that our recent record of basically never scoring against ICT and our horrific record away from home this season WON'T come back to haunt us tomorrow, because we're a big club like they tell us in the match previews.

EFAyXvbWsAAR_kR.jpg.9694df5fb2d3312e4a3d4f0ff3f800c5.jpg

4 hours ago, harry94 said:

It starts off as a 4-2-3-1. Adam and Byrne deep. Jakubiak on left, Anderson through middle and Gowser on the right. Mullen up top.

Gowser has played as a wide midfielder a fair few times under McPake. The idea is usually some weird diamond to force central midfielders on the pitch and we usually fall to shit with the whole defensive shape out of possession (think back to the game at Inverness last season).

Last week, that attacking 3 all roamed around quite a lot side to side with Jakubiak and Gowser getting inside and Anderson taking periods coming off the flank. Our full backs were also fairly high to support those three to let them move inside. We played some nice stuff in possession (Gowser was at his best and had a couple of brilliant through balls that should have been converted in addition to his goal) but there were a couple of moments in the first half where Arbroath nearly punished us on the flanks with the space we gave them.

Have a feeling tomorrow will go badly wrong for McPake, there's been a couple of improved performances but think Robertson will have a field day if we're setting up with the same defensive shape. Either 3-0 Dundee or 3-0 Inverness.

Funny you say that Harry as we were split like that on the scoreline too. Seeing some consistency at last in McPake's team selection, especially with the central midfield three, what's your best back four in your opinion that you would like to see consolidated?

7 hours ago, Narey's Toepoker said:

Hiya Robbo, Hiya pal.

7 hours ago, harry94 said:

Why are you giving John Robertson our tactics 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

If Hamilton brings his arms for the 2nd weekend on the trot it’s a win for the Derryboys. 

Edited by Yenitit

Narey's did the commentary for ICT in the past before he was bumped for this new guy. Methinks that he is researching Dundee for a potential return to the commentary booth this weekend. If he is then at least someone knowledgeable will be involved and someone who won't growl into the microphone like a deviant.

Edited by RiG

36 minutes ago, kevthedee said:
1 hour ago, Exiledjag said:
Come on ICT hope you hammer this lot!  A once proud but now shabby club! 
I ook at results every week hoping to see a Dundee defeat. Been a good season so far! And to think I used to like this club! 

Pure raging,did gowser shag your bird.

Your change of vote demoted us you shower of............. 

1 hour ago, Exiledjag said:

Come on ICT hope you hammer this lot!  A once proud but now shabby club! 

I ook at results every week hoping to see a Dundee defeat. Been a good season so far! And to think I used to like this club! 

Your type aren’t welcome at my illustrious club ye fud.