Forfar Athletic vs Thistle - December 12th

Horrendous from ourselves again, not at all surprised. All the controversy over Partick's first doesn't matter we were never going to create anything besides. 

This may be the ramblings of a man gone insane from watching Forfar this season but Stuart is always saying we're a young side who need to gel together, well we had an 18 year old CB on the bench today, yet Malky would rather play two fullbacks at centre half, and then when we need some tiny speck of attacking threat he overlooks a teen striker and brings on 37 year old Foxy as centre forward. Foxy is a great player but he's never been a striker, he's a holding midfielder, we're already pretty much relegated why not try these youngsters?

Look at our starting XI today and a lot are playing out of position, I know we have an injury crisis but is it any surprise that we are so awful because of this.

Stuart Malcolm is a Forfar great and I really don't want to dislike him but as a manger he's done nothing at all, and I can totally understand people calling for his head, no new manager boost when he replaced Weir and his signings have been meh to poor, or previously great players completely out of shape (Hill & Doris).

And breathe, mini rant over.

3 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

He did appear to walk straight for the officials at the final whistle.

No question Thistle were the better team and deserved to win but the first goal shouldn’t have happened if the officials did their jobs in the lead up ie a very blatant foul by PT. the second looked offside but will need to see the far superior highlights later. Also how many times did the Thistle players throw or kick the ball away when we won a free kick or throw in?

966190792_StationPark.00_11_15_12.Still001.thumb.jpg.28b02f3160d54095dfcc43fba0cb932c.jpg

Station Park.00_11_17_22.Still002.jpg

Edited by South Lanarkshire Jag
Made an arse of it.

1 minute ago, Maine said:

Hope he is okay. You hate to see challenges like that in the game, Docherty should be ashamed. 

😄

He should be, one in the 2nd half he was screaming and squealing in pain until he noticed he was getting nothing, pathetic to watch

11 minutes ago, Deeloon said:

He should be, one in the 2nd half he was screaming and squealing in pain until he noticed he was getting nothing, pathetic to watch

He also tucked away the second goal to be fair. 

28 minutes ago, Deeloon said:

The trouble is that we just don't shout and scream loud enough, plenty of fouls given for nudges like that the other way round.

Forfar Athletic players did plenty of screaming and shouting this afternoon.

It’s clearly not a foul for the first goal, it just looks like the Forfar player made a mess of his jump.

21 minutes ago, Deeloon said:

If you mean the moment in the second half when he was caught late by Scally when play was about to get stopped for a head knock on Brownlie - we did get the free kick for that. 

4 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Horrendous from ourselves again, not at all surprised. All the controversy over Partick's first doesn't matter we were never going to create anything besides. 

This may be the ramblings of a man gone insane from watching Forfar this season but Stuart is always saying we're a young side who need to gel together, well we had an 18 year old CB on the bench today, yet Malky would rather play two fullbacks at centre half, and then when we need some tiny speck of attacking threat he overlooks a teen striker and brings on 37 year old Foxy as centre forward. Foxy is a great player but he's never been a striker, he's a holding midfielder, we're already pretty much relegated why not try these youngsters?

Look at our starting XI today and a lot are playing out of position, I know we have an injury crisis but is it any surprise that we are so awful because of this.

Stuart Malcolm is a Forfar great and I really don't want to dislike him but as a manger he's done nothing at all, and I can totally understand people calling for his head, no new manager boost when he replaced Weir and his signings have been meh to poor, or previously great players completely out of shape (Hill & Doris).

And breathe, mini rant over.

How is Malky a Forfar great?

Anyway, I agree with everything else you said, but I would have added a few fuckings in the sentence to add my rage!!!11!

Get him tae f**k.

Ended up watching this game yesterday instead of ours as I refuse to give Clyde/Goodwillie a penny. 
I thought Thistle were absolutely chronic and terrible to watch. Brian Graham was like a man down.  For a team with a good midfield I was surprised with the amount of direct football played bypassing them. Gordon seemed to improve things when he came on but he appears to be a bit of a boo boy on here? Defence were excellent and the boy Sena looks a pler. So so comfortable on the ball.
Forfar still looking an absolute gang. 

If we've any chance of catching Falkirk we are going to need a striker that isn't Brian Graham. Anyone know how long Zak Rudden is out for?

For what it's worth, I don't think Graham is a bad player and I'd probably still play him as an attacking midfileder as I think his link up play is fairly good but I've not seen such wasteful finishing since Azeez

35 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Ended up watching this game yesterday instead of ours as I refuse to give Clyde/Goodwillie a penny. 
I thought Thistle were absolutely chronic and terrible to watch. Brian Graham was like a man down.  For a team with a good midfield I was surprised with the amount of direct football played bypassing them. Gordon seemed to improve things when he came on but he appears to be a bit of a boo boy on here? Defence were excellent and the boy Sena looks a pler. So so comfortable on the ball.
Forfar still looking an absolute gang. 

Gordon is ineffective 95%+ of the time and goes through long, long periods not even touching the ball. You're essentially a man down most of the time he's on the pitch... but then he'll score a couple of goals out of nowhere as he's very good at timing runs into the box and getting on the end of chances. Pretty much a luxury player, but when you're constantly in a scrap like we've been for the past few years he's not really the sort of player you want.