Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
roman_bairn

Clyde v Falkirk, Saturday, 12th December 2020

Recommended Posts

Well it’s that time of year folks - no I don’t mean Xmas. Time for the biannual pumping from Clyde at Broadwood.

Or is it?

Have we now finally turned a corner?

Will Clyde have any players?

Will Mr Goodwillie mis-interpret what I mean re ‘pumping’?

You decide....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if we can field a team, we won’t have trained for two weeks, I doubt we will have learned how to defend in that time, and Ray McKinnon isn’t the Falkirk manager.

1-0 Clyde.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Even if we can field a team, we won’t have trained for two weeks, I doubt we will have learned how to defend in that time, and Ray McKinnon isn’t the Falkirk manager.

1-0 Clyde.

Can you give us the lowdown on the situation regarding your players and when they can restart training?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For whatever reason we just couldn't get going against Clyde last season. Whether McKinnon or M&M in charge, at Broadwood or TFS

Hopefully the LC game has shown we are on the right track to de-bogeying this one 

Important to get away from our recent tradition of passing up a barrel-load of chances, I'd be amazed of Goodwillie will be in as generous a mood on Saturday

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Can you give us the lowdown on the situation regarding your players and when they can restart training?

The official confirmation came on the 27th (Friday) but I’m assuming the club knew about it a day or two before, which would mean sometime this midweek that the 14 day self isolation comes to an end. Might be able to squeeze training in on Thursday night but who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just watched the highlights of February's 3-2 game to get me in the mood for this. What a game David Mitchell had that day. What's the deal with Mark Lamont he's always looked a threat against us and from what I can remember he had a decent return of assists last season but this season looks like he's been in and out the team?

I think the fact Ray Grant won't be dominating in the middle of the park this game will make a big difference. Also our defence looks a lot more organised with Hall and Dixon as the centre back pairing so hopefully that makes a difference.

3-1 Falkirk with the fiend getting his obligatory goal. Hopefully get a goal from Dowds as he badly needs it.

Edited by FFC 1876

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have to lose at some point, might as well be against our bogey team of last year rather than a fellow title contender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We have to lose at some point, might as well be against our bogey team of last year rather than a fellow title contender.

With games against Airdrie and Thistle to follow, the last thing we want to do is allow them to smell blood.
Win this and we remove one of the last remaining hoodoos.
Psychologically that not only boosts our confidence going into those games, but conversely will be a real blow to our title contenders....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Trump said:

We have to lose at some point, might as well be against our bogey team of last year rather than a fellow title contender.

Personally, if we have to lose sometime, I would prefer it to be the last game of the season when we are 15 points clear with the title wrapped up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Personally, if we have to lose sometime, I would prefer it to be the last game of the season when we are 15 points clear with the title wrapped up.

Indeed, although even that is bloody annoying - Hughes' 2005 team lost the last 3 games of the season IIRC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With games against Airdrie and Thistle to follow, the last thing we want to do is allow them to smell blood.
Win this and we remove one of the last remaining hoodoos.
Psychologically that not only boosts our confidence going into those games, but conversely will be a real blow to our title contenders....

Absolutely. I’m just preparing myself for the inevitable chance we don’t win against Clyde, more tongue in cheek style post.
Personally, if we have to lose sometime, I would prefer it to be the last game of the season when we are 15 points clear with the title wrapped up.

Me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not getting the knicker wetting, yes they’ve had a few results against us, which I have every respect for, however we have a far better spine to our team, and with the centre back pairing of Hall and Dixon, our defence is far more solid. If we continue our recent form and we shouldn’t have too much to worry about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Can you give us the lowdown on the situation regarding your players and when they can restart training?

Training resuming tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't be surprised if we lined up with the same 11 as last week, though the midfield is a bit of a dilemma at the moment. Last week Telfer was good on the right but at the expense of Morrison's influence being reduced with him on the left.

 

Keena said last week he was probably still a couple of weeks away from returning. Seems harsh to drop Telfer but I'd go:

 

PJ Morrison

Mercer Hall Dixon Kelly

C Morrison Alston Gomis Connolly

Dowds Sammon

 

Mutch, Deveney, Durnan, G Miller, Todd, Telfer, Leitch, Francis, L Miller

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we lined up with the same 11 as last week, though the midfield is a bit of a dilemma at the moment. Last week Telfer was good on the right but at the expense of Morrison's influence being reduced with him on the left.

 

Keena said last week he was probably still a couple of weeks away from returning. Seems harsh to drop Telfer but I'd go:

 

PJ Morrison

Mercer Hall Dixon Kelly

C Morrison Alston Gomis Connolly

Dowds Sammon

 

Mutch, Deveney, Durnan, G Miller, Todd, Telfer, Leitch, Francis, L Miller

 

If Telfer's fit he'll be starting and rightly so after his performance on Saturday. Mcracken covered off Morrison playing on the left hand side in his post match interview. They basically seem to be putting Morrison on whichever side they think is weakest for the other team. When teams pay too much attention to Morrison it free's up space for the rest of the team so I don't think it was a case of Morrison being ineffective out on the left. I hope Gomis is fit and they don't try shoehorn Gary Miller back in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Not getting the knicker wetting, yes they’ve had a few results against us, which I have every respect for, however we have a far better spine to our team, and with the centre back pairing of Hall and Dixon, our defence is far more solid. If we continue our recent form and we shouldn’t have too much to worry about. 

That’s the sort of thing we would say when we were due to play Queens Park s and to lesser extent Cowdenbeath. Only to succumb to the inevitable pumping as normal! 

Horrible times those 🤯

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

They basically seem to be putting Morrison on whichever side they think is weakest for the other team.

I'm looking forward to Morrison simultaneously playing on the left and right then. And maybe even the centre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, David W said:

I'm looking forward to Morrison simultaneously playing on the left and right then. And maybe even the centre.

The centre is a given no matter what side he is on.....I fancy him for a goal or two on Saturday

At least these closed doors games gives us the option of avoiding one of the coldest stadiums in Scottish football in December

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

If Telfer's fit he'll be starting and rightly so after his performance on Saturday. Mcracken covered off Morrison playing on the left hand side in his post match interview. They basically seem to be putting Morrison on whichever side they think is weakest for the other team. When teams pay too much attention to Morrison it free's up space for the rest of the team so I don't think it was a case of Morrison being ineffective out on the left. I hope Gomis is fit and they don't try shoehorn Gary Miller back in.

Did seem strange sticking Morrison on the left when telfer was playing and not leitch when telfer can at least kick with his left foot compared to leitch.  Not sure when your playing Peterhead that they have a strong side. I'd always play my best players in their best positions and then fill the holes in after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...