Clyde v Falkirk, Saturday, 12th December 2020

We certainly seem to have gotten to grips with this league this season (amazing what winning the first game can do for you).

I expected Clyde energy levels to tail off second half, but it didn’t really happen. Still think there’s more to come from this squad.

Really want to see us take the next two games by the scruff of the neck. Win those, and it would be hard to see a way back for Thistle. No more shitting the bed as we did at Starks last season.

Looking at the bottom three in the Championship there is a really decent chance of two going up from this division....

I thought Clyde looked a better outfit than Peterhead, Dumbarton, East Fife & Forfar tbh 

Unfortunately two of those have already beaten us and the other two could be due a 3-0.

Hopefully common sense prevails and we get to play the games otherwise we are up against it already.

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Offside goal looks really tight, half a yard absolute tops. Linesman is right in line tbf 

1754824221_ScreenShot2020-12-12at19_20_02.thumb.png.09e99f1bd8c49cac5d5a691e810b8148.png

That’s so close. My first impression watching it live was that it was offside but it looks marginal there. Wouldn’t have changed the final outcome though. 

Thought the offside was a really close one at the time but when you ship goals the way we do then it would've hardly made a difference. Defending for all goals was schoolboy. Rumsby must give away at least 10 needless fouls per game which doesn't help when our defence can't defend set pieces. 

Much improved Falkirk from last year and that was even without Alston. They've recruited very well elsewhere too with the likes of Kelly, Morrison and Dowds. Title  looks theirs to lose already. 

15 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Think Thistle have also found some form so I’m expecting a battle with them. Game on the 26th will be crucial....
IMG_0134.jpg

A draw wouldn't be the worst result. I think McCall will have them come flying out the traps, I just hope we don't sit off them like we did at their place, that was asking for trouble. That said Dowds scores that chance and it's a different game.

Squad size and competition for places now paying dividends. Gomis has excelled since Miller dropped out. Good to see Connoly play and create,means we don't need to rely on Morrison all the time. Clyde were better than I though considering their layoff but we done a good professional job on them. Confidence must be high going into next 2 games. Come out of them still 6 clear will be fine.

Just keep the ghost of Martin Richie well away from that game “Oh well, Partick have recently been in the top flight, and there’s still some cash there from the chap who died, and we will be giving them a game, but we really can’t be expected to be competing with them over the course of a season. To get anything from this game would be an unexpected bonus.”

We go looking for a draw, and we all know what will happen.

In any case, Airdrie up next, and our recent track record against them is pitiful. Hopefully that is corrected next week.