Clyde v Falkirk, Saturday, 12th December 2020

A few weeks have passed, we bodied Cove at home and now it's starting to look like its us and Thistle. Thankfully for the first time in a while we seem to actually have something about us, and also a wee bit of a cushion.

Being front runners might suit this team.

Thistle 2 up and into second place. Signs that it could be a two horse race but a few weeks more needed to be sure....

I thought Clyde posed a danger first half with a decent amount of crosses in but second half was pretty easy from our point of view.
Telfer was pretty good today, definitely a welcome surprise having him playing well and having attacking options beyond Morrison means that if teams double up on him we can take advantage.
2 massive games coming up at home and for once I'm not dreading them.

Just now, NewBornBairn said:

Considerably less pish than youse though. 

Didn't say you weren't, m8.

I think this harbingering talk of us definitely going down is really quite hasty, but we'll definitely be in a fight at the wrong end and I can see us in 9th, unless Palmer comes back and shows himself to be a good player. No surprises that it's the lack of a midfield that is our Achilles heel though, many of us saw this sort of thing coming in pre-season. 

I won't get too carried away by todays defeat. I never expected us to get anything, but we played quite well in the first half. Atrocious defending of two set pieces put the game well beyond us in the second half. Still, with Goodwillie's marginally offside header, his close range header at the end of the first half (that he should have hit the target with) and, the shot cleared off the line in the second half, we easily could have had a couple of goals today.

Typically Clyde fans will over react, but I'll wait and see how we do in the next couple of weeks before judging too much. 

18 hours ago, clyde4ever said:

As we're unbeaten for 4 weeks, I think a bet on us to win 2-1 is a good bet at 16/1 :lol:.

On the other hand, if I was a Falkirk fan, 0-3 at 10/1 looks a reasonable bet :(.

I'm not greedy, I'll just take 10% commission on winnings :whistle.  Just send all payments direct to Clyde FC.

It's been a pleasure doing business with all you Falkirk fans ;).

And, to all the Clyde fans who've got us being relegated after that - a reality check. We've not trained for 2 weeks, some of our players have had Covid, our regular keeper was missing, & we were playing the team clear at the top of the League.   Believe :thumsup2

I thought Lang looked good today he normally does against us to be honest. The other clyde centre back was lucky to get away with so many niggly fouls considering the amount of our players that got booked. We managed the game well without actually playing that well. Was disappointed we never got to have a look at Laverty.

1 minute ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I thought Clyde looked a better outfit than Peterhead, Dumbarton, East Fife & Forfar tbh 

Some Clyde fans go way over the top though after a defeat.

Who realistically thought, with all our recent problems with Covid, this would be anything other than a Falkirk win. Overall, I thought we did better than expected today.

31 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I thought Clyde looked a better outfit than Peterhead, Dumbarton, East Fife & Forfar tbh 

I was just going to post that. I thought they played OK in patches and, although we deserved the win, there wasn't three goals in the game for me.

We weren't great as in dominated the game, I thought we might have bossed that considering Clyde hadn't played for a couple weeks. Great finish by Telfer and took the gifts we were afforded. Goodwillie still looks a class apart in this league and when the header went in first half breathed a sigh of relief when ruled offside. Job done for us but Clyde had good energy levels. Tom Lang looks a decent player surprised he didn't make it at Dunfermline. Syvertsen looks a decent player too. 

As far as the game went, I thought Mutch made the one save that he had to, the defence was solid, (Hall looks much better beside Dixon), Gomis was good and Telfer and Connelly were excellent. Dowds played quite well and Sammon put in a lot of effort.