Clyde v Falkirk, Saturday, 12th December 2020

24 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

This will be very tough IMO. Our goals to chances created ratio is not great and I can’t see Clyde giving up the chances the likes of Dumbarton, Cove and Peterhead gave us. The front players need to sharpen their boots.

Think it will be a draw

Clyde managed to lose to Peterhead at home mind you so they can't be up to much.

Clyde managed to lose to Peterhead at home mind you so they can't be up to much.
We always lose to Peterhead. We beat Falkirk away last season then lost to Peterhead in our next home game.

We did beat Thistle at Broadwood this season but still fully expect Falkirk to break their hoodoo and win on Saturday.

Our midfield is nowhere near as good without Grant and we haven't played or trained for two weeks.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

This will be very tough IMO. Our goals to chances created ratio is not great and I can’t see Clyde giving up the chances the likes of Dumbarton, Cove and Peterhead gave us. The front players need to sharpen their boots.

Think it will be a draw

Our goals scored is highest in the league, goal difference best in the league, goals conceded equal best in the league, but what do stats matter.

59 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Any news on Keena yet?

I think the interview with McCracken post match on Saturday suggested it won't be as quick as Keena suggested. He seemed to be taken aback with 2weeks verdict of Keena.

The last thing we want is another reoccurrence of the injury.

I think the interview with McCracken post match on Saturday suggested it won't be as quick as Keena suggested. He seemed to be taken aback with 2weeks verdict of Keena.

The last thing we want is another reoccurrence of the injury.

Could really do with him being back for the home games against Airdrie (maybe as sub) and the Thistle game the following week.

Already, if we win on Saturday, those two games could be title defining....

If ? So looking forward to Saturday, confident if we play to our strengths and our recent performances, we should be sending out a clear message.....

Yeah. No matter how much better we may be, there are some teams that hold an Indian sign and Clyde are one of them so I’d rather not make any assumptions....

Bit fed up with this bogey team talk.

We were atrocious against them last year, this season we have improved and they appear to have gone backwards.

Also we have actually already beaten them this season without playing particularly well.

Entirely possible that things go against us on Saturday of course, but we should be confident of getting a win.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

19 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Goodwillie will no doubt get his obligatory goal against us but I think we will be too strong for them. We created loads of chances last Saturday and you get the feeling at some point someone is going to take an absolute hammering off us.  

I'd rather keep the absolute hammering for Partick on boxing day if I was allowed to choose. As mentioned already we've already played clyde this season and they looked a shadow of the team they were last season. Hopefully get another early goal and open the game up.

11 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Bit fed up with this bogey team talk.

We were atrocious against them last year, this season we have improved and they appear to have gone backwards.

Also we have actually already beaten them this season without playing particularly well.

Entirely possible that things go against us on Saturday of course, but we should be confident of getting a win.

Clyde obviously raised their game against us, one of the factors that can happen with our rent a crowd. I'd guess in my time I've seen more wins versus Clyde than losses, the 6-0 loss still hurts tho 😶😶

I d save Aberdeen and Killie as bogey teams and we have already beat beat Killie 3-0 this season....times are a changing 😆

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

Clyde obviously raised their game against us, one of the factors that can happen with our rent a crowd. I'd guess in my time I've seen more wins versus Clyde than losses, the 6-0 loss still hurts tho 😶😶

I d save Aberdeen and Killie as bogey teams and we have already beat beat Killie 3-0 this season....times are a changing 😆

Come on it wasn't that bad it was only 6-1.😂

I think the bogey team chat is well justified tbh, we lost 4 games last season and three of those were to Clyde

Barring a 93rd minute winner from an Airdrie long throw they would have been the only team to beat us

Getting the first goal will be important. Goodwillie will lap up the space in behind if we have to chase the game

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Come on it wasn't that bad it was only 6-1.😂

I do remember Neil Murrays shorts looking like an advert for Daz or other washing powder post the 90 mins.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I think the bogey team chat is well justified tbh, we lost 4 games last season and three of those were to Clyde

Barring a 93rd minute winner from an Airdrie long throw they would have been the only team to beat us

Getting the first goal will be important. Goodwillie will lap up the space in behind if we have to chase the game

Its tight over the last 20yrs versus Clyde, we are ahead 11-9 in wins thanks to the recent win but I wouldnt class them as overall a bogey team. They had our number last season especially under Ray but who didnt !

Our goals scored is highest in the league, goal difference best in the league, goals conceded equal best in the league, but what do stats matter.

Our chances missed will be the highest in the UK