Dundee United v Sevco 13/12/20

3 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

You'd have to explain what you mean if you want to be taken seriously with that comment.

Those that understand, understand, those that don't understand. Don't matter.

WATP

3 hours ago, G51 said:

Had a few good games against Dundee United over the years.

There was the 7-1 game when Boyd broke Larsson's record to become the best striker in SPL history. Also the other 7-1 game, when Barry "Bazza" Ferguson came home after some terrible treatment by the jobbers at Blackburn Rovers, who wouldn't know a generational talent if they bought him for £7.5m.

Also that time Nuno Capucho scored in a 2-1 win. lmao

Close to being my most memorable game. I remember for the Boyd game he bagged 4 goals and there was the Bougherra goal of the season all in one game. I remember it so well because I was a teenager and I'd been left home alone for a couple of weeks, I'd spent all my money other than a fiver and foolishly after walking around in just my Rangers top all day failed to realise after the 3 hour journey it would be dark and very cold in Glasgow... I had the choice of a burger or a scarf and i ended up buying a scarf and tucking it under my top to stay warm. 

9 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Close to being my most memorable game. I remember for the Boyd game he bagged 4 goals and there was the Bougherra goal of the season all in one game. I remember it so well because I was a teenager and I'd been left home alone for a couple of weeks, I'd spent all my money other than a fiver and foolishly after walking around in just my Rangers top all day failed to realise after the 3 hour journey it would be dark and very cold in Glasgow... I had the choice of a burger or a scarf and i ended up buying a scarf and tucking it under my top to stay warm. 

Boyd scored 5 that night. Was just after Christmas iirc. It felt like me and my brother were the only two left in the United end at full time. Rangers were down to 10 men for most of the second half and still won 7-1.

Still, we pumped Rangers oot the cup that season and went on to win it, so all's well that ends well.

4 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Boyd scored 5 that night. Was just after Christmas iirc. It felt like me and my brother were the only two left in the United end at full time. Rangers were down to 10 men for most of the second half and still won 7-1.

Still, we pumped Rangers oot the cup that season and went on to win it, so all's well that ends well.

Aye I did think 5 but then thought that's a bit mental so stuck with 4! I remember him running round the stadium with his tounge out right enough.  Yeah it must be said those years for me when I was going to the games before admin were very enjoyable looking back, the Dundee United games were always the big ones aside from Celtc and Aberdeen. We had a horrendous record at Tannadice for quite a while and I always enjoyed the games. Da Marcus Beazles scored quite the peach at your ground in one of our best streaks of those years. 

24 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Aye I did think 5 but then thought that's a bit mental so stuck with 4! I remember him running round the stadium with his tounge out right enough.  Yeah it must be said those years for me when I was going to the games before admin were very enjoyable looking back, the Dundee United games were always the big ones aside from Celtc and Aberdeen. We had a horrendous record at Tannadice for quite a while and I always enjoyed the games. Da Marcus Beazles scored quite the peach at your ground in one of our best streaks of those years. 

Would it be rude to point out that Rangers didn't just go into admin but were, in fact, liquidated and ceased to exist? Admin's something that happens to small time losers. Like Dundee. Not big time losers.

11 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Would it be rude to point out that Rangers didn't just go into admin but were, in fact, liquidated and ceased to exist? Admin's something that happens to small time losers. Like Dundee. Not big time losers.

Liquidation of the club is something Ibrox supporters accepted at the time, but reset their minds within a short while, conned by Charles Green.

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

Those that understand, understand, those that don't understand. Don't matter.

WATP

And you talk about understanding too.

23288375_stormzylaugh.gif.e7b85b4dfca6ab00c215bc0639ed04d4.gif

I was thinking back to the 1981 LC final I referenced earlier: Sturrock's rescinded 'goal' was a cracker, but all three accepted goals in that match were of great quality. Scorers were Ralphie Milne, Davie Cooper and Ian Redford, all sadly gone too early. Maybe Luggy's relieved his goal was quashed.

6 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Liquidation of the club is something Ibrox supporters accepted at the time, but reset their minds within a short while, conned by Charles Green.

And you talk about understanding too.

23288375_stormzylaugh.gif.e7b85b4dfca6ab00c215bc0639ed04d4.gif

I was thinking back to the 1981 LC final I referenced earlier: Sturrock's rescinded 'goal' was a cracker, but all three accepted goals in that match were of great quality. Scorers were Ralphie Milne, Davie Cooper and Ian Redford, all sadly gone too early. Maybe Luggy's relieved his goal was quashed.

Why you gotta do me like that?

42 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Very rude.

46 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

No. 

Would have been a much better (and likely harder) game with fans there. Now it will just be a procession and a comfortable "get that one ticked off" victory. I mean I can't really remember much from the 4 nil drubbing at Ibrox apart from that Morelos took a sore one. I mean who even scored for us?

I still don't think the phoenix club are THAT good - they are okay and know how to play with a lead, but maybe haven't been tested domestically yet by a side taking the lead against them - Easter Road possibly being the only exception. 

We have played them undercooked on Day 1, then riddled with injuries and covid in the Ibrox game. Again they play a Covid decimated side here in a ground I believe they have never won on.  All their key players seem to have remained fit for the most part.

About time someone found them out - will it be here?  Maybe not - Dundee United rivalled Accies for the possibly the worst side I've seen us play this season - we absolutely horsed them 0-0.   Is Shankland the real deal or a flat track bully?  This would be a nice time to emerge again Lawrence.....

Edited by tarapoa